Iphone Bluetooth hands free connectivity

Fien

Hi, i've purchased my 2006 350z yesterday (absolutely made up with it) and have tried to pair up my iphone with the handsfree but it cant find any devices. I've search the forums and found the guides on how to do it but what i cant understand is how the phone is meant to sit in the cradle. I've attached a picture of the cradle. It is far to small for the iphone to fit in. I've also tried pairing it with a sony ericsson k750 but even that's too big to fit in the cradle. Do i need to get a different cradle or need some more equipment?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

thanks for the quick reply, thought i was missing something. Just had a look on ebay and they're going for £100. Definitely didnt get one with the car so i guess i'm gonna have to cough up for it. Bit annoying but i reckon its worh getting.

thanks for the quick reply, thought i was missing something. Just had a look on ebay and they're going for £100. Definitely didnt get one with the car so i guess i'm gonna have to cough up for it. Bit annoying but i reckon its worh getting.

If you bought from a Nissan dealer then contact them & tell them to get you one as it should have come with the car. Some owners take them off and sell separately.

you can get them cheaper from Holdcrofts with Forum discount or MJP. Normally there are second hand ones going once a month on here of fleabay

thanks for all the advice. i've been thinking, do you need to always keep the phone in the cradle or is it just for pairing up initially?

I got the impression that once it's been paired the bluetooth device would automatically pick it up as soon as u got in the car?

thanks for all the advice. i've been thinking, do you need to always keep the phone in the cradle or is it just for pairing up initially?

I got the impression that once it's been paired the bluetooth device would automatically pick it up as soon as u got in the car?

Yes you just pair the phone with the adaptor & your phone is then picked up every time you get in the car & switch on the ignition.

Your phone will never touch the cradle btw, only the BT adaptor goes in it.

Depends on your phone as to whether it connects automatically when you get in the car. My gf's phone does connect automatically but mine doesn't - my phone only comes up with a prompt each time I get in the car asking if I wish to connect (plus a small chime/bong noise from the car when I get in). My samsung u600 is pretty useless on the technology front so doesn't surprise me.

• 3 weeks later...

never trust ebay any more. usually find now that you can get things for cheeper from a main supplier if you can be bothered to look hard enough.

wont be buying it any time soon now as i've just realised i'm broke.

Guess if anybody tries ringing me while i'm driving they are just gonna get ignored! I'm sure they'll be able to cope!