Engine Bay

T8 JPE

Anyone no where to get the ducting/ hose covers from. i called envy last week for a price and how much i would need to cover all the other black cable ducts but they never got back to me. I've been looking on the net and on flebay but cant really find much.

Cleaned the engine bay at the weekend. was a bit of a pussy really and just used a sponge and a watering can then left the engine running whilst i cleaned the rest of the car so it could dry.

Fitted my cooling pannel as well so thanks to mark i am completly carboned up.

Fitted my cooling pannel as well so thanks to mark i am completly carboned up.

No worries matey ;) , me my self been looking for a while. On ebay they do coloured hose cover's but no polished looking/chrome, a mate of mine re-calls argod used to do some in a poncey max power kit, but not yet checked let us know if you find any though plz bud :thumbs:

I bought some blue hose covers off ebay - they were cheap and nasty tbh & looked really tacky

Cheers for the heads up as was just about to order a set my self :surrender: , a mate at work has some in his Series 1, RS Turbo, will ask him tonight where he got them from, prob was a long time ago, as he dont drive the car too much :thumbs:

I use a roll of clingfilm, a soft alloy wheel brush, AutoGlym Engine and Machine cleaner and a hose, with either AutoGlym Vinyl and Rubber care or Poorboys dressing to finish....

I figure cling film for the airfilter...anywhere else?

Looking to clean my engine bay soon too.

Over every other electrical connection you can see. It takes time, but is worth not getting water in the electrics and either tripping a fuse / leaving it to corrode the plug. :)