Want to replace the K1 exhaust - but with what ?

andyvvc

Cheers Stew. TBH i like the look of the K1 - its aggresive and the lack of a big rear cannister like the standard OEM exhaust gives it a more, well, *evil* look to the rear of the car.

The idea of paying £900 + for a UK sourced back-box just to get a quieter exhaust isnt a prospect im willing to pursue, espacially as there will be zero power gains (350z, ECU etc etc). Despite this, i love the look of the 5Zigen etc.

I really like the idea of getting someone/someplace to have a look at that central cannister and maybe chop it out and replace with a bespoke one that muffles the roar a little better, thus letting me run the exhaust at a similar noise level to if it had the bungs in.

You *could* put the K1 up for sale, see if you have interest and get a price for the guy building an exhaust or buying a new one. OBviously there will be a difference but it might not be huge.....

+1, pretty sure you would get a good price for it bud :thumbs:

I've spoken to "ExhaustsUK" in Sheffield and the bloke there reckons they might be able to help. Until they see the sytem they wont know for sure, so as its only 30 miles from me in Notts im gonna pop over this Saturday and see what they can do.

If they cant do anything, i may have to sell the K1 and buy an alternate, quiter-but-still-loud-on-WOT exhaust doh! :)

Can i see vultures circling overhead, looking for a K1 bargain....? lol

From what I remember Phil saying, that larger section in the mid pipe isnt a silencer at all, its a resonator baffle to cut down on tinny vibrations, exhausts uk will be able to cut it out and replace it with a proper silencer and should give you what you are after :thumbs:

Fletch

lol - when people ask me how loud the K1 is, i'll tell them its as loud as NOT having an exhaust on the car ! :)

I'm rather hoping the lads at ExhaustsUK can do something with that baffle then. I guess a standard silencer ought to be enough? The traditional large rear cannister must upset exhaust flow something cronic to reduce the noise as much as it does...?

lol - when people ask me how loud the K1 is, i'll tell them its as loud as NOT having an exhaust on the car ! :)

I'm rather hoping the lads at ExhaustsUK can do something with that baffle then. I guess a standard silencer ought to be enough? The traditional large rear cannister must upset exhaust flow something cronic to reduce the noise as much as it does...?

Doesnt supprise me, theres not a lot to it ;)