PIMM stuck again (snow) !!!!!!!!!

Pimm

I finished work at midnight in Bristol. It has been snowing for about 2 hours but nothing much. I spoke to the wife and she said i will not make it home tonight !! THANKS :wacko: . I live in Cheddar and we have had the last week alot of snow but most of it had melted today. Today is the first time in a week i have taken my car out.

I did not even get to Bristol airport(A38) due to the amount of snow that had fallen plus ice on untreated roads were not helping. Again i get stuck so i put the hazards on and most other cars overtake me up the hill while i got a job to turn around. The Z with the traction on or off just does not want to go anywhere. Has anyone else experienced such problems trying to drive the Z in the snow ?? as i have found it a nightmare :rant:

I have just got to my parents in Bristol were i will be spending the night :scare:

Sorry for the :rant::rant: but lets hope things are better in the morning.

Yeah this is exactly the reason I tell people not to go out in them! All is good and well until you get stuck then you're fooked! Thats the problem with big fat tyres and loads of torque ;)

If you're going to do it then the key is momentum. Dont stop, ever! Just keep it moving slowly and you will keep the most traction you can. As soon as you stop its pretty much game over as theres so much torque, you'll just slip if you are on a slope.

I finished work at midnight in Bristol. It has been snowing for about 2 hours but nothing much. I spoke to the wife and she said i will not make it home tonight !! THANKS :wacko: . I live in Cheddar and we have had the last week alot of snow but most of it had melted today. Today is the first time in a week i have taken my car out.

I did not even get to Bristol airport(A38) due to the amount of snow that had fallen plus ice on untreated roads were not helping. Again i get stuck so i put the hazards on and most other cars overtake me up the hill while i got a job to turn around. The Z with the traction on or off just does not want to go anywhere. Has anyone else experienced such problems trying to drive the Z in the snow ?? as i have found it a nightmare :rant:

I have just got to my parents in Bristol were i will be spending the night :scare:

Sorry for the :rant::rant: but lets hope things are better in the morning.

Thats why i leave it in the garage in winter and use a cheap runabout.

Actually with winter tyres it is fairly usable, providing that you don't come to a stop in a very steep uphill on a road full of ice. Otherwise it can even be a lots of fun if you pay the appropriate respect to the gas pedal of course :D

Braking is not really an issue, it is the traction tha suffers most...

i usually dont drive the Zed in the ice or snow, but yesterday i had it booked in at nissan, so i had to, got stuck trying to get in the car park and once in there and parked, we couldnt get it shifted to get it into the garage, apparently nissan tried to get grit but had all been sold out

This past week has been the best fun I've had in the Z in ages. We didn't have near the same amount of snow you guys had but man the ice was fun. Been like a giddy school kid skidding down the pavement to my car every day after work.

Hey Guy! Haven't seem you on in a while!

Glad you're enjoying the ice!

hi,

I've been away too long and really cant believe what I'm reading on other threads.

Ice and virtually no thread on tyres is a great mix. In fact at the moment I'm sliding on every surface with or without ice. :lol:

Must order new tyres today. Keep putting it off.