L3 / P3????

seanv1982

my car is due for a service this month. i just rang my local nissan dealership (buckhurst hill) and they said i needed the level 3 service.

i asked him if that was the same as a P3 and he didn't really know what i was talking about.

can somebody tell me what the difference is?

also they quoted me £345, is that about right?

P3 is the official designated service. L3 is the " I havent really a clue what I am doing " normal dealer level of service.

The P3 is the biggie and although that seems a little pricey its not unheard of. If you are not warranty tied tou can probablt slice a lot off that cost.

From what I was told at Dan Perkins - L level services are the same as P level services but they dont hook up the computer to read anything off the car. If you car is in warrenty, having an L level service invalidates it as to keep the warrenty they have to read the codes (if there are any!) at every service. The reason its cheaper to get an L level service is that its not the official Nissan one so they dont have to pay through the nose for the bits and they dont have to pay for the computer usage which I was told they are charged for.

When I compared the DP L level to P level, you got more in the L level, so they must be saving money somewhere to allow them to do it. L levels services have always been fine on my car, no probs to date.

my car's a 54 plate, it's done about 38k miles

well just over for a P3. Should of been done at 36k but at least we have identified which service you require :)

Would it need a P3? I am guessing that if its only done 38K in 5+ years its not doing 9K each year so it will be tied into the years so it will need

05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11

P1, P2, P1, P3, P1, P2, P1, P3

5th year should be P1 not P3, First P3 should have been done last year.

Hey seanv1982,

Don't use Glyn Hopkins, they are very expensive. They quoted me over 300 pounds for a P2. I ended up getting my P2 at West London Nissan, it's only 30 mins round the A406 and I paid 199 (for a P2). They are also very helpful i.e. the mechanic will actually come out and talk to you about your car.

517 Watford Way

London

NW7 2QR

UK

Sales: 0845 811 0350

Service: 0845 811 0417

Parts: 0845 811 0423

What colour is your Z, I thought I was the only Z in the village!

Matt