Bedding-in procedure for DS2500's

dangerman

Hello people,

Received by new ads from CS earlier this week. I'm fitting them in right now. Anyone have any instructions for a standard bedding-in procedure. I read somewhere that you have to do 25-30 trial brake applications. Is this really necessary?

Many thanks...

I used the same procedure Alex posted, but only used one cycle not two. Cant see it does any damage just doing one. Just remember not to allow the car to stop while your foot is on the brake as you will imprint a pad shaped load of material onto the disk and it will feel like you have warped it. I did this first time around and it take much effort to get it off again!

Once you have them done, they are awesome pads :thumbs:

Thanks guys. Looks like everything is ok... apart from one thing. There is a really sharp squeal as the car comes to a standstill - from around 15 - 10 mph to 0 mph. Is this lack of grease or something else. I really hoped I wouldn't have to deal with this.

Thanks guys. Looks like everything is ok... apart from one thing. There is a really sharp squeal as the car comes to a standstill - from around 15 - 10 mph to 0 mph. Is this lack of grease or something else. I really hoped I wouldn't have to deal with this.

Did you follow the bedding in procedure to the letter? I had this exact same probem, went out and bedded them in again and they have been fine ever since. Every other person who has said about the squealing (bar Sarnie :p ) has bedded them in again and been fine from what I know. Go give em a good ragging :thumbs: