Dealers are telling me there isnt a recession

martinmac

So thats good news then :headhurt:

I have just spent an afternoon looking round second hand car dealers to find a new daily driver for me. This weather has finally convinced me that I need one.

OK on long journeys.

I am not really bothered what it is so the spec was;

1.8 or 2 litre.

Bigger or the same size as a golf.

Not French.

Around 02 or 03 plate.

Reasonably priced.

Some of the prices I was given had me laughing. Still havent got one. :yawn:

Strange, I visited a car showroom yesterday for a decent marque and they were all too aware of the recession. The models priced in their show room were "only" about 7-8% higher than those on autotrader etc, which are certainly priced to sell.

I was told by a BMW dealer a couple of months ago that "we dont do deals on the new cars as we dont need to". Hmm, I wonder if thats still true ?

Dealers are in LaLa land at the moment ,

Funnily enough I went with my missus yesterday to a Merc Main dealer (she is fancying a SL 500 )

When I pointed out that equivalent cars on Autotrader were priced £6k !!! yes £6k less the very polite salesman pointed out that they could sell all the SL's they can find..I know for a fact the one we looked at had sat on their showroom floor for at least 3months :lol:

A reality check is needed at some dealerships definitely :dry:

having a laugh, 20k :lol:

i had this problem back in october, i went passed the dealership recently and the car that they told me would be easy to sell even if i wasn't going to buy it... well its still sat there and still £5000 over priced :dry: whos the car genius know :lol:

To be honest Stew, the problem is that I dont really care. It would have been a lot simpler if it was just for me. It needs to be comfortable enough for the London run when I dont take the zed but an OK size for Liz to use and park when shopping. I would have just got a big beemer ( :wacko: ) but Liz wont go for it. The current fave is a diesel Golf or Bora.

I have a confession.....

I always wanted a Vento VR6. I had a signed poster of this Vento VR6 race car in my bedroom when I was a nipper and I loved it.

Ventos are rare though, never looked for a VR6 but think they'd be rarer than rocking horse poop!

I have a confession.....

I always wanted a Vento VR6. I had a signed poster of this Vento VR6 race car in my bedroom when I was a nipper and I loved it.

Ventos are rare though, never looked for a VR6 but think they'd be rarer than rocking horse poop!

True but you cant beat a 1.8cl :lol: Ventos a quite rare and vr6s even more so!

:lol: , love it keith, tell me you didnt sell it :lol: ?

Couldnt bloody give it anyway! :lol: in the end my mate swapped it for a fiesta si i dont know what he is planning for that :wacko:

Hope to get a bmw 525 for this year :teeth:

:lol: , intresting, wonder too :lol: !, :lol: bmw 525, bit of class, love it, when you doing it again, would love to do it, keep saying to my mates about it :teeth: