what are the service intervals?

hotrain69

hello all. am still on the hunt for my first zed. was looking for cars with 10k or less on the clock but decided that all of them are a bit out of my price range so decided to up the mileage. is 24.5k still pretty low for a zed? and then the question would be when will it be due for a service? and how much would it cost? sorry for all the questions. just want to know so can budget. thanks guys.

It depends on Age and Millage - Its every 9000 miles or a year since the last one.

so 24.5 could be a few K from the 27K service which is the major P3 but if its over 3 years then it should have been done.

the car i'm looking at is a 56 reg registered in feb 2007. so i'm guessing it's the P3 coming up at 27K? how much do they normally cost?

Hi, sorry to jump in on this thread. I'm looking to buy an '04 zed with 31k on the clock. Think i had first 2 services stamped in book. The guy I'm buying off said he's serviced it himself since. Am I right in thinking he should have done a P1 service around 27k - whats involved in that, just oil and filter change? assuming he done that OK the next service would then be a P3 at 36K, ie in 5K miles time. Is this the major service - whats involved with this and how much would it cost? The car seems to drive 100% and is fairly tidy, not spottless, just a parking ding on the door and a few stone chips - I've offered £9.5k - he's looking 10K, but I thought my offer was reasonable - what youse think?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Wont be P3. If I remember rightly it goes P1, P2, P1 then P3 so should be P1 this time. :thumbs:

Not on my car - so far it has been serviced by a main dealer (west way manchester) P1, P2, P1 and just had P2 couple of weeks ago before I bought it from them. It has done just under 35k miles. When does the P3 get done? I'm assuming it must be over 40k miles or certain age?

Hottrain - 24.5k mileage is very low for any car. Depends on what you are used to. I've personally had 10 year old cars before which run over 100k miles and run smoother more reliabably than friend's brand new cars. My car was a golf vr6 and very good quality. Same should go for the 350. It will keep going and going as long as it is fully serviced and maintained.

New2350 - I'd be wary of anyone who says they've "serviced it themselves". To me that means not full service history and therefore not looked after - and a sports car like the 350 definitely needs a full service history. Of course they may not be lying and have done it themselves but you can't trust them on this as anyone could say this. Personally I'd walk away.

Wont be P3. If I remember rightly it goes P1, P2, P1 then P3 so should be P1 this time. :thumbs:

Not on my car - so far it has been serviced by a main dealer (west way manchester) P1, P2, P1 and just had P2 couple of weeks ago before I bought it from them. It has done just under 35k miles. When does the P3 get done? I'm assuming it must be over 40k miles or certain age?

Your car should of had a P3 at 36k or four years old, which ever came first.