REAR MOUNTED TURBO??

imprexa99

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got to be switched though as it wont get any where near through an MOT , knew a guy wiht one on his focus . worked great , scared the pooh out of passers by too :):bang:

Yeah great until your turbo wears out! :lol:

Antilag on an Evo is just done in the mapping. On overrun, it just cuts the spark and dumps some fuel into the exhuast, mixed with the heat causes the bang, and produces some boost to keep the turbo spinning. Not good for it though, which is the main reason most Evo owners use it for shows and thats about it!

• 11 months later...

Bit of a thread revival but.... has anybody ran one of these yet? Come across this on another site and it got me searching. Can anyone supply these in the uk? For how much? Would it be possible/easy to make one yourself with a different turbo?

not looking into rear mount... looking at mid mounted turbo at the moment... if you're into rear mount you can look on my350z where a dude is fabricating his own.

STS are the ones making the commercial one... seems pretty popular among corvette owners...

zpipecenter.jpg

^ link here> http://my350z.com/forum/forced-inductio ... ation.html

Yep thats the other site ive been looking at :lol:. Cheers bud

Bit of a thread revival but.... has anybody ran one of these yet? Come across this on another site and it got me searching. Can anyone supply these in the uk? For how much? Would it be possible/easy to make one yourself with a different turbo?

I should be able to get you a price for the STS system soon, a new UK supplier of STS equipment has already approached me to help them with the sales for the 350z so its in the works now. He's just setting up but should be up and running soon, when he is I will post up prices etc :thumbs: