Melted Rear Bumper

MrLizard

Well, my scorpion exhaust has managed to melt my rear bumper slightly, im not too concerned with the damage at the moment but dont want it to get worse, is there anyway i can prevent this from happening?

i dont want to spend £100+ on varis heat sheilds but there doesnt appear to be an alternative! :scare:

i've used aluminium adhesive sheets before. you can get them from halfrauds, can be cut to any shape and then stuck any where you want on the bumper. it will repflect the heat away from the bumper, and should offer some protection.

costs about £10. if done right it should be nearly invisible.

Ive melted mine too mate, i just left mine and as it melts it gets to the point when its far enough away to not melt any more! just shows you use you car for what it for ! I have the "special" edition 5zigen with gold tips! They were silver inconel but they have turns gold due to heat! hahaha.

excellent thanks ill have a look at that, i wonder if they could just be used on the track and then taken off again...

the problem is not when im on the track as the airflow keeps it cool but when the car is stationary sat in the pits after, the heat has no where to go :(

i was doing a full lap of cool down which considering the 3.6 mile length of the track should have been enough! :surrender:

blower for the pits isnt a bad idea, just need to work out how i might go about powering it and repairing the damage thats been done... a file and some t-cut i suppose :(

MrLizard ive too had a scorpion exhaust fit last week and mines been back and forth to the garage to be repositioned unfortunatly its not the way the exhaust has been fit ive been told its the rubber hangers the backbox is hanging on and ive been told i can order a set of adjustable hangers which have four holes to suit the cars exhaust positioning iam ordering mine tommorow from Revolution in gateshead www.revolution247.com hope this helps buddy. ;)

MrLizard ive too had a scorpion exhaust fit last week and mines been back and forth to the garage to be repositioned unfortunatly its not the way the exhaust has been fit ive been told its the rubber hangers the backbox is hanging on and ive been told i can order a set of adjustable hangers which have four holes to suit the cars exhaust positioning iam ordering mine tommorow from Revolution in gateshead www.revolution247.com hope this helps buddy. ;)

Can you let me know how you get on with them? Only I may be suffering from a similar problem! :dry:

Hi ive been to my garage today and the rubber hangers to solve the problem with the exhaust are from powerflex www.powerflex.co.uk .

the problem is that the rubber bushes that come with the cars original exhaust are made for holding a heavier system and when putting on a stainless system which is alot lighter, the back box gets lifted slightly causing the tailpipes to touch the bumper and look offset.

Hope this helps.

Good news for me today, my car is due a service and possible discs and pads change and after going to see the nissan dealer i bought my car from in november last year has said my service and replacement parts will be free :teeth: due to a mistake by themselves as the car should have been fully serviced and not just prept for pick up :yahoo:

Hi ive been to my garage today and the rubber hangers to solve the problem with the exhaust are from powerflex www.powerflex.co.uk .

the problem is that the rubber bushes that come with the cars original exhaust are made for holding a heavier system and when putting on a stainless system which is alot lighter, the back box gets lifted slightly causing the tailpipes to touch the bumper and look offset.

Hope this helps.

Good news for me today, my car is due a service and possible discs and pads change and after going to see the nissan dealer i bought my car from in november last year has said my service and replacement parts will be free :teeth: due to a mistake by themselves as the car should have been fully serviced and not just prept for pick up :yahoo:

I've been on the powerflex website but I'm not sure exactly what I should be buying!? Would you mind telling me the part number of what you purchased? Thanks :)

lol, Bedford Autodrome's GT circuit, apart from one corner its a really nice track, home to palmer motorsport.

Which corner dont you like?

Chris, its the one just before the the long straight, from the marshall's ive spoken to no one there likes it and most believe it would never make it onto a race track through being too dangerous... i dont hate it as such i just prefer the others :)