Total Increase

RobbieB

Hey Guys,

Couldnt find an answer to this, so I was wondering if someone could give me a rough idea on something.

Over the next 3 months I would like to start playing around with my Z. I want to switch to Scorpion exhausts, stick an induction kit in and obviously to feel any benefit of it then remap. I was also thinking of a strutbrace on a side note.

Anyway, how much of an increase am I looking at for these 3? In my Fiesta ST it made a fairly big difference, but what are we talking. Has anyone tested it and found the BHP gains, 0-60/100 or 1/4 time differences?

Thanks guys, much love! :boxing:

Hey Guys,

Couldnt find an answer to this, so I was wondering if someone could give me a rough idea on something.

Over the next 3 months I would like to start playing around with my Z. I want to switch to Scorpion exhausts, stick an induction kit in and obviously to feel any benefit of it then remap. I was also thinking of a strutbrace on a side note.

Anyway, how much of an increase am I looking at for these 3? In my Fiesta ST it made a fairly big difference, but what are we talking. Has anyone tested it and found the BHP gains, 0-60/100 or 1/4 time differences?

Thanks guys, much love! :boxing:

I thought you already new the ECU would cancel it out?

You've uncovered my limited knowledge of the technical side of cars! (I'm 21, I'm still learning :blush: ) So how good do the scorpion exhausts that fit onto the stock parts sound? I read about them somewhere.

Quite a few clips of the Scorpion exhaust are posted up on the forum and also on Youtube, I’ve got the Scorpion exhaust priced at £360.00, which also includes delivery… :thumbs:

you can have the ECU remapped to take advantage but it is not a cheap process and the gains are usually quite minimal because it is an N/A engine, the ECU on these cars and looms/mapping costs are far more than on any other car ive owned.

I have 2 quotes at the moment which im considering but your looking at about £2.5k all in for the ECU/looms/connectors/Remap mappers time/dyno/fuel/testing.

It would appear as though it is only worth doing if you are considering going FI in the future when a new ECU will be required to take control of the boost pressure etc...

Yup as MrLizard says you can get gains from a piggy back ECU, but you need silly money for that for what you get. Piggyback ECU will be the best part of £1k, mapping another £500, fuel you burn doing it, say £100 maybe. I reckon you might be lucky and get it all in for £1500. All for about a max of 40BHP :headhurt:

Get suspension and better brakes and some advanced driver training. You benefit from that a hell of a lot more :thumbs:

Does this ECU riddle not also depend on the model/age you have? If i've read right on here, early JDM's didnt cancel the mods out as others do.

+1 So I have heard from a few reliable sources.

Also heard that the nismo versions have a non-dumbing ECU.

But then again, who can prove the Zeds stock ECU does cancel out mods. Maybe this was a lie started by ECU companies. :lol:

Does this ECU riddle not also depend on the model/age you have? If i've read right on here, early JDM's didnt cancel the mods out as others do.

Don't think they ever got it to work successfully over hear. Middlehurst tinkered for a while then gave it up.

But then again, who can prove the Zeds stock ECU does cancel out mods. Maybe this was a lie started by ECU companies. :lol:

when i reset an engine code for Throttle responce, we set up the car on the OBD II reader, with my JWT it showed throttle response at only 90%, the engine was not having to work as hard, because the JWT let more air in, it there just used less throttle.

if you search for P2138 (i think) or look at my previous posts you should find it.

the only mod that will give you a noticable difference (and mainly in mid range touque) is a plenum spacer. i'm yet to fit one, but most people who have them agree that it helps improve the mid range touque. no real extra BHP, but a bit more kick when you floor it.

when i reset an engine code for Throttle responce, we set up the car on the OBD II reader, with my JWT it showed throttle response at only 90%, the engine was not having to work as hard, because the JWT let more air in, it there just used less throttle.

I wonder why people are saying the ECU adapts over a week then if it showed for you instantly? With the stock air filter did it show 100% Surely if it measures the air flow then it would try to restrict FI?

(BTW I'm not arguing - just gathering info ;) )