Is the Nismo kit worth it?

elecious

Still looking to get a 350 in the next few months and would love to have one with a nismo bodykit, they really add to the look of the car.

But am wondering if they are worth it in the long term, if i ever decided to sell the 350 after having owned for a few years wouldnt it be a lot harder to shift with a bodykit? would a dealership even take it in part exchange for example? Can a bodykit be removed easily/difficultly and sold separately or are they permanent forever and ever to the fitted car?

Just wondering :)

I've noticed the cars for sale with the nismo bodykit are priced higher, i just didnt think it would work like that, i would assume the majority of people wanting to own a sports coupe wouldnt want it to have a bodykit on it and therefore nismo 350's would be harder to sell and prices would be lower

theoretically its not really a body kit.

a body kit suggests that you are adding to the original bodywork, like adding an extension to lower the look of the car.

the nismo kit is all replacement parts, the only add-on bit is the rear spats.

both the front and side skirts, you remove the original parts and put new ones on.

i'm not sure it really classes as a body kit, yes it enhances the look of the car, but unless you were a 350z fan and you saw a Z once in a blue moon, a repair company wouldn't spot the difference. and for replacement parts they would just be ordering nismo parts instead of nissan parts.

i'm not saying don't declare them to the insurance company, just think about how you explain it to them.

As others have said Nismo is official tuning for Nissan as M is to BMW, AMG is to Mercedes and TRD are to Toyota.

Oh and who can forget the MG Metro! :lol::lol::lol:

Nismo is VERY desirable on the 350Z hence why so many have Nismo stickers and no parts! :lol::lol:

Every insurer I spoke to said the Nismo Kit even though fitted by Nissan did count as a modification! Therefore I paid extra. Having said that, given the cost of it, it's worth having it as a mod and getting insurance which covers like for like :thumbs:

Oh and it looks blinding, def recommend!! :teeth:

Hi, new to this forum! Collecting my black 56 plate 350z gt (orange leather) on sat! Can't wait!!!! Already has nismo rear boot spoiler fitted by nissan. I am also interested in having rest of nismo kit fitted...can anyone advise on the cheapest place to obtain nismo side skirts and rear add ons. I have seen on ebay that you can add nismo splitter to v2 front bumper (primed for spray job). I presume my one has v2 bumper?! Has anyone else seen this?!

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Neil :thumbs:

p.s I'd be v content if my 350z looks like this attachement!!

Hi, new to this forum! Collecting my black 56 plate 350z gt (orange leather) on sat! Can't wait!!!! Already has nismo rear boot spoiler fitted by nissan. I am also interested in having rest of nismo kit fitted...can anyone advise on the cheapest place to obtain nismo side skirts and rear add ons. I have seen on ebay that you can add nismo splitter to v2 front bumper (primed for spray job). I presume my one has v2 bumper?! Has anyone else seen this?!

Cheers

Hi Neil, welcome to the forum... :thumbs:

I've got the Nismo type kit available, front, side skirts and rear spats, have a look in the Traders section for prices etc... :thumbs:

Cheers

:welcome

:

Your Zed won't have that bonnet. That's from the 07-> model. The rest will be about right once you get the rest of the Nismo bits done! :thumbs:

Worth sticking up a post in the intro section too!