Skipping CD player

LeeRG

Hi All.

Took my car into Nissan in St. Albans this morning with the skipping CD player issue. They refered to page 4-6 & 4-7 of the owners maual stating the following: 'During cold weather or rainy days, the player may malfunction due to the humidity. If this occurs, remove the CD and dehumidify or ventilate the player completely.'

They said they wouldn't therefore request Nissan to replace it. :( I explained that there have been others replaced by dealers under warranty and it was a known issue with Nissan.

Any ideas? Shall I try a different dealer, or contact Nissan UK directly?

Thanks.

Lee.

Mine got replaced recently (an 06 too) with no problem and it certainly IS a known issue. Give their manager a call and mention you are a member of this forum and that you can show him it's a known problem (as they get refurbed and reused) ..... it should cost the dealers nothing anyway as it's a warranty item.

If you get no joy, try another dealer - making sure St Albans know that you will be posting your experience of them on this forum (and going elsewhere for servicing). Don't let them stall you until after the warranty runs out!!!

Also, if you have Rays check they are not bubbling at any point (mine were slightly around the hub where the spokes join) - got all four of mine replaced with refurbishments under warranty - this too is a known problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just collected my 56 plate zed on sat! Have already experienced the skipping bose cd system in past couple of days! Also noticed the bubbling/pitting on the front two alloys....will def be making a visit to nissan!

Cheers

Neil

Hi Guys

Just collected my 56 plate zed on sat! Have already experienced the skipping bose cd system in past couple of days! Also noticed the bubbling/pitting on the front two alloys....will def be making a visit to nissan!

Cheers

Neil

Good luck!

I had my CD unit replaced on my 54 plate free of charge, took it back to the dealer without any hassle. The only problem was bose were along time sending another unit, nearly 6 weeks. Because bose kept saying the part was on its way the dealer thought it wasn't worth putting the car back together again and messed about for nearly 6 weeks and I had the shame of driving around in a Note :blush: , I did save loads of money on fuel, I also got laughed at by my so called friends. :yahoo:

Christine

One thing i have noticed with the bose, well in my case only, mine only skips/jumps when cold as such, think its to do with the condensation build up betweent he disks, allways find if you remove all the cd,s hte night before, then let it warm up, works perfectly, or if not take the cds out say in morning give little wip and all ok, dont no if anyone does or has experienced this ......., but normally works for me :thumbs:

Mine doesn't skip, it kinda stops and then picks up again from the spot it stopped. As M350ZB says, this only happens when it is cold and only recently too (when its been below zero!)

Mine is a 54 plate out of warrenty and I doubt I'll be as lucky as Christine.

Mine doesn't skip, it kinda stops and then picks up again from the spot it stopped. As M350ZB says, this only happens when it is cold and only recently too (when its been below zero!)

Mine is a 54 plate out of warrenty and I doubt I'll be as lucky as Christine.

+1 stops and then continues music, think it is just the condensation build up between the disks (6) and the laser, e.t.c ....

Can somebody explain something for me. If you have the skipping Bose, what difference will having the unit changed make? If caused by condensation, then wont the new unit do the same? Sorry if this is a stupid question but the more I think about it the more curious I get.[/u]

Can somebody explain something for me. If you have the skipping Bose, what difference will having the unit changed make? If caused by condensation, then wont the new unit do the same? Sorry if this is a stupid question but the more I think about it the more curious I get.[/u]

Since having my unit changed in November the jumping and sticking problem seems to have gone. The car has been pretty damp inside over the last few weeks with the weather and touch wood the CD unit still seems ok. :thumbs:

Christine

• 4 weeks later...

I had mine replaced for skipping CDs, it would do it more on one than another and didn't have to be cold. My car is parked in an underground car park overnight and it would do it then. Then that one jammed the CDs in the system and it was replaced again. The dealer couldn't give me back my CDs that got jammed in it because Clarion need to do that and send them back to me. The dealer also scratched the centre console, when the took the jammed unit out to get the serial off it, so I pointed this out and they said they would fix it when the new radio was fitted. All they did was polish the centre console black, and then the passenger side dash was polished black. The inside of the car is grey so it looks rubbish and doesn't match at all. They also put the gear knob on crooked like its pointing at 11 oclock position. I have pointed this out to them and they said next time they will fix it. It is going in again on the 25th March to have the squeaking clutch pedal replaced, but the brake pedal squeaks too so I am thinking more likely cylinder at fault, so will only have to wait and see what they do. I still havent had my CDs returned.

• 4 weeks later...

Still haven't had it replaced yet.

Just phoned Nissan in St. Albans again to try again, It seems they have received a bulletin from Nissan to stop replacing the CD players as Clarion have had loads back that they cannot find fault with and therefore are not paying for the replacements. I am awaiting a call back to see if they can do anything.

This is really poor as I've had dozens of CD players in the last 10 years or so and never had a problem like this. :angry:

As mentioned in a earlier post, taking out the CD's every night is not really a solution. Unloading 6 CD's at night and then loading them all again the following day shouldn't be needed.

Come on Clarion, if other manufacturers can manage it, surely you can?

I'll post again once I've received my call from Nissan.

Lee.

• 4 weeks later...