DIY: Windscreen Head-up display... NOW WITH PICS

marzman

Just an idea when I was going to fit it I was thinking of taking the power from the ignition lead from the back of the stereo so it would switch on and off when you turn the car on and off ;)

:thumbs:

I used Pin 22 of the M49 Connector which gives power when the ignition is in position 2, so much better than before.

Only took me an hour to fit too...

Will update the DIY now...

Wasso - go for it, its a great mod. :D

I think I'll go for it. As I have a few internal panels already off whilst sorting my fuses out. Just out of curiosity what are the best connectors to use for joining the wires to those in the car. I used to use scotch blocks or what ever they were called.

I think I'll go for it. As I have a few internal panels already off whilst sorting my fuses out. Just out of curiosity what are the best connectors to use for joining the wires to those in the car. I used to use scotch blocks or what ever they were called.

These:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-Electrical-Wir ... 0466212307

Although if you have the same kit as me, it should have already come with 3 in the box... :thumbs:

I can't solder, knit, paint, draw or anything to do with my hands. So I'll use the three aids in the box.

I didn't actually get round to fitting the HUD and detailed the car instead. Clayed, polished, engine bay clean the lot. So it will be next weekend that I'll fit it.

• 2 months later...