Ex ESR Mechanics, Poss new workshop

Fletch

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got the premisis on hold while the business plan goes to the funding people, cos if i get the premesis first then apparently im allready established and cant get any grants or help :wacko: The landlord is happy to hold it for me for a few weeks though so thats all good, I wish it was sorted cos Im sick of rolling around under cars in peoples back yards in this weather!!

Ill keep you updated :thumbs:

Fletch

• 1 month later...

I know how you feel about having to watch what you do and buy when starting up as a business, i'm currently doing the same and need to avoid purchases and so on till i apply to the funding folk.

I hope for all the best for you!!

will you work on other cars as well?? as i'll probably be moving down to teesside and will need my car serviced (can you do bikes as well??)

Sorry guys, the workshop fell through so we wont be opening an official place up, myself and the other lad are still doing our usual weekend work at a mates factory unit so can still do cheap work, exhaust fitting, servicing, clutches etc.. but wont be able to stamp any books, sorry, just pm me if you want prices for any work, gutted it didnt happen, back to the dole for me :yuck:

Cheers, I was gonna be having to make around 2k a month to cover all bills and pay myself a crap wage, that and the lease was for 3 years so if i couldnt get the work in i would have been stuck with the rent to pay!!

Sorry to hear this mate - that is poop that you need to take money from the state because no one will give you a break re setting up your business :wacko:

+1, sorry to hear this mate, next time im up your way, im sure i can put some work your way :thumbs:

Is there any way you can get a space at another mechanic's place and 'rent' the space off them? Then you can advertise and have a location for people to go until you get set-up enough to run the whole show yourself? It is a shame it can't get up and running.....