London Marathon, Help me raise money please

Jon350z

Hello everyone.

So yesterday I got a call saying that my application to run the London Marathon on 26th April for Children with Leukaemia has been accepted and I am part of their running team for this years London Marathon.

Its my first full marathon and quite nervous, but been training with between 6-10 mile runs every other night, and with football training two night a week and games every Saturday, I feel I'm not too far away from being ready. My main issue is teaching myself to run slower, I tend to run quite quick and in a marathon that could be very detrimental.

So anyway, I am helping to raise money for Children with Leukaemia, not for any particular reason just that I feel its a charity that puts a lot of time, effort and money into help children and families with the effects that Leukaemia has on a peoples lives.

I am looking for any donation however small or big and I know times are hard but lets face it, other people and families are a lot worse off. So please any donation would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to my donation page, please check the gift aid box, it helps raise an extra 28% this is the first place I have adversited my page so please help me get off 0.00

http://www.bmycharity.com/v2/jonheaneymarathon09

Their is also more information on the charity.

Thank you so much, and wish me luck in my training and on the big day.

Jon

Got some good news today, The company I work for (Barclays Commercial) are going to match pound for pound (up to £750) what I raise, so big thanks to the people that have already sponsored me, your donation will be doubled and if any more people would like to sponsor me their donation will also be doubled. So once I complete the marathon I submit what I have raised and the charity can claim the addition from Barclays.

If I could ask the people that have already donated, too double check your donation has gone though, I've had people say to me they've made donation and its not showing.

Thanks

Jon

• 3 months later...

Want to say big thanks to everyone for thier support. The day went well, I finished in just over 5 hours which i'm very happy with as it was my first one and it was so hot.

I enjoyed it so much i've already applied for next years :D