Using a trolley Jack - I did search (honest)

mick43

Where should I use trolley jack to jack car please ?

(I have searched all areas - which means I'm rubbish at searching or could be included in FAQ ? or it's an obvious answer if you know and/or not paranoid about bending something).

many thanks in advance.

Dont you use the trolly jack on the centre points of the axels rather than on the normal jacking points?

There is a Nissan guide on one of the 2 forums that lists the specific points.... You need to be careful on using a trolly jack on the sides.... Someone did split there fuel tank in the past....

I hear you can jack on the sills if you can find a pinch weld adapter. It basically makes the jack seat like that of the OEM one with the slot down the middle so it puts the pressure around the weld rathter than on it.

Like this - http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/prod ... uctID=2061

Or - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Floor-Ja ... veQ5fTools

Or is somone knows a fabricator, we can get some made up :thumbs:

on my last car I used a block of wood with a groove cut in it, on top of the trolley jack. It worked but you needed quite a low jack to get under the sills.

Or bump it up onto a couple of planks of wood. Thats what most people do to raise it. I'm tempted to dig myself a pit in my garage, far easier :lol:

on my last car I used a block of wood with a groove cut in it, on top of the trolley jack. It worked but you needed quite a low jack to get under the sills.

Or bump it up onto a couple of planks of wood. Thats what most people do to raise it. I'm tempted to dig myself a pit in my garage, far easier :lol:

i'd love a pit in my garage. one of my friends has one. but he also has a huge double garage.

i only have a single garage, and don't really think there is the space for it. not enough room to move around the outsidfe. :dry: i am planning a work bench for the end of it though. going to have tool boards and clamps, everything with its own hook etc. just got to wait to buy the shed to move all the other stuff out the way so i can put it in. :dry:

i'd love a pit in my garage. one of my friends has one. but he also has a huge double garage.

i only have a single garage, and don't really think there is the space for it. not enough room to move around the outsidfe. :dry: i am planning a work bench for the end of it though. going to have tool boards and clamps, everything with its own hook etc. just got to wait to buy the shed to move all the other stuff out the way so i can put it in. :dry:

I'm quite lucky in that although I only have a single garage, its quite spacious. If it was much longer I could fit 2x my missus Corsa in there and its wide enough that once my Zed is in there you have about a 2-3ft each side at least, so really wide of a single. My Evo owning mate only has about 1ft each side in his and theres no room to do anything on it in there!

I'm quite lucky in that although I only have a single garage, its quite spacious. If it was much longer I could fit 2x my missus Corsa in there and its wide enough that once my Zed is in there you have about a 2-3ft each side at least, so really wide of a single. My Evo owning mate only has about 1ft each side in his and theres no room to do anything on it in there!

you're lucky, mine only just fits in the garage with just enough room for me to get out! there's only a few inches clearance on the wing mirrors driving in...

you're lucky, mine only just fits in the garage with just enough room for me to get out! there's only a few inches clearance on the wing mirrors driving in...

Oh, I'm not so blessed as to have a wide door. Its "normal" size (reading up when I got the house, apparently there is no standard size for doors!), so still scared to take off the wingmirrors every time I go in there. Just once in there is quite a bit of room to move. I managed to machine polish it in there without too much bother. Sides were a bit close though :thumbs:

i pull in to mine at an angle, so the passenger door mirror, folded is only 1 inch from the wall, and it leaves me enough space on the drivers side to get out, about 3 foot.

to work on the car in there, i half reverse it out, so any engine work can be done with plenty of space. especially once the work bench goes in.

if and when i change the exhaust i'll use the same method and have it sat under the garage door. it will give more space to move around, but i'd still be under cover.

am tempted to build a frame over the front drive and perspex it. like a lean too. as it would give me even more working space.

am tempted to build a frame over the front drive and perspex it. like a lean too. as it would give me even more working space.

A gazeebo would be a quick and easy way to get some weatherproofing over ya head in that situation :)

i pull in to mine at an angle, so the passenger door mirror, folded is only 1 inch from the wall, and it leaves me enough space on the drivers side to get out, about 3 foot.

to work on the car in there, i half reverse it out, so any engine work can be done with plenty of space. especially once the work bench goes in.

if and when i change the exhaust i'll use the same method and have it sat under the garage door. it will give more space to move around, but i'd still be under cover.

i do exactly the same, ive swapped my exhaust three times now and about to be a fourth, the half in the garage thing works nicely, im currently in the process of fitting brackets all over the place so that i can hang the old parts ive modded

am going to put carpet cuttings on the wall to the drivers side as i keep banging the door on the wall.

as for exhaust, i know you were looking at the turboxs but thought it was 2 noisey, apparently on their website it comes with exhaust bungs as standard so it can be quitened down.

what you looking at replacing the K1 with?

am going to put carpet cuttings on the wall to the drivers side as i keep banging the door on the wall.

as for exhaust, i know you were looking at the turboxs but thought it was 2 noisey, apparently on their website it comes with exhaust bungs as standard so it can be quitened down.

carpet on the wall is the way forward!

i've got my bike hanging on a big hook on the garage wall, its been there for a couple of months now but I still open the garage expecting to find a bonnet with a bike embedded in it :headhurt:

carpet on the wall is the way forward!

i've got my bike hanging on a big hook on the garage wall, its been there for a couple of months now but I still open the garage expecting to find a bonnet with a bike embedded in it :headhurt:

i need to do the same.