Nurburgring 2009?

Adriank

Just an interest seeker really, would anyone be up for a convoy drive to the Nurburgring in the summer and a day on the track?

Have seen similar done on other forums, taking in some sights on the trip, making a few days of it.

Just a post to see if there would be any interest in this sort of thing!

Well its roughly 1000 miles round trip from the centre of england so fuel will be round about £150 - £200+ Then taking into account of nights in hotel....average 40 a night then its just the nurburgring toll which i think is £7 a go. Plus crossing fee on train. Not too bad if only there for a couple of nights

4 lap tickets cost me 70 euros last October, works out at roughly 15 quid a lap. Still worth every penny unless you crash of course :scare: I spent about 400 quid for the whole trip and that was sharing with a mate in his vw supercharged corrado. Which was amazingly good on fuel. Book the crossing early as it gets more expensive the longer you leave it. I can highly recommend The Blaue Ecke hotel in Adenau, nice rooms and central to the ring and night life. May go twice this year depending on funds, maybe around April or May and definitely in October! I go with a VW club every year, they are a great bunch of lads from the Newport Edition forum site. To see what goes on click on this

http://newportedition.myfreeforum.org/v ... 5562ff2c56

I would definitely recommend this trip to Nurburgring. I went last year and will be going again this year.

http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/cannon.php?page_id=14

It's worth going with an organised party as you get much more out of it by learning from others that are already experienced at the Ring; + you have plenty of opportunity to get passenger laps.

I got a passenger lap in a track prepped M3 chasing a 996 GT3RS, we did an 8.06 in traffic.

ill be going this year but i was hoping to catch a race as apposed to doing a few laps myself :thumbs:

When we went in October there was a race there on the saturday, and there were 350z's and R35's lapping the F1 track. If you check out the track calender you could incorporate a race day (Saturday) with a few laps of the ring (Sunday and Monday), as we do every year :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
I would definitely recommend this trip to Nurburgring. I went last year and will be going again this year.

http://www.circuit-days.co.uk/cannon.php?page_id=14

It's worth going with an organised party as you get much more out of it by learning from others that are already experienced at the Ring; + you have plenty of opportunity to get passenger laps.

I got a passenger lap in a track prepped M3 chasing a 996 GT3RS, we did an 8.06 in traffic.

A popular trip :D

If it's your first trip I'd recommend tuition or talk yourself into a regular's passenger seat, sometimes, like Grant, you get lucky and get a lap in a fast car with a fast driver.

Based on my expereince, for a long weekend all in (fuel, ferry, accom, food drinks etc plus Ring ticket) looking at £500-£600 at the current exchage rate.

Depending on dates I am keen for a ring visit this year

Based on my expereince, for a long weekend all in (fuel, ferry, accom, food drinks etc plus Ring ticket) looking at £500-£600 at the current exchage rate.

Depending on dates I am keen for a ring visit this year

That's about right Ian.

Crossings:

I've only used 2 companies in the past, Norfolkline were my prefered crossing. They're cheap, normally paid circa £40 return, it's a 2hr crossing but it gives you a chance to have a decent (albeit overpriced) breakfast and a sleep if it's an early crossing. It also takes you 30mins further down the French coastline so reduces your driving time. Eurotunnel are fast and reliable but you pay a premium for this.

Fuel: I filled my tank up in Harlow (Essex) and made it Nurburg on one tank (380 miles) which was impressive in my Impreza, normally budget a tank and a half.

Accommodation: €50 per person per night for a decent hotel, guesthouses cheaper.

Lap prices for 2009:

1 - €22

4 - €75

8 - €145

15 - €250

25 - €390

JK - €1075

Food and drink: €50 per night for a nice meal and drinks.

Hope this helps.