Directline Renewal

ab350z

Strange one this.

Before I went away I got my renewal letter through from Directline. Price had gone up from £450 approx last year to £480 this year, bit surprised as I'd now shifted out of the 17-25 bracket and had another year no claims under my belt. Shopped around and really couldn't beat this, then wondered 'what if'........ I do back on Directline, fill in the exact details as is on the renewal in the online quote thing but as a new quote. New price £414!! Little bit sneaky I thought, obviously loyalty counts for nothing! Called up, told them what i'd done and they honoured the online price.

Completely the norm I'm afraid. Like you say, loyalty counts for nothing with the majority (although, of course, I'm not saying ALL) of these insurance companies. The discounts are to entice new customers, then they rely on peoples laziness to just let their policies automatically renew without thought. Moral of the story - always shop around! I've never stayed with the same insurance company from one year to the next :lol:

my renewal came in last year at £600 did waht you did, went on line and used confused like i did the first time, got it for £440 and it was from the same company.

i always browse for insureance when close to renewal to make sure i get the best price.

i'm currently using 10 month multipliers to get my NCB back asap. but admiral have been very good.

My insurance renewal had gone up by £1400, they then accused me of lieing after I told them i'd been quoted about a third of theyre renewal price. Apparantly at my age the £2500 they wanted was the best I could hope for :dry:

I had the opposite with Directline, changed in October to a 350z, they put my annual quote up to £660, penalty if i moved. Now ready to move having got quotes from links on this site, Directline post me a quote at £397, same conditions. If I go online £550... confused... you will be!!

Think I will go with the post quote this time.

Les

I had the opposite with Directline, changed in October to a 350z, they put my annual quote up to £660, penalty if i moved. Now ready to move having got quotes from links on this site, Directline post me a quote at £397, same conditions. If I go online £550... confused... you will be!!

Think I will go with the post quote this time.

Les

Just had my mother on the phone in a bad mood, she has an S reg 1.4 peugoet and a well known company have just tried to increase he premium by £90 from last years figure :lol: She is in her seventies with a clean licence and they want £50 more than I pay for a modded 350 :headhurt:

Just had my mother on the phone in a bad mood, she has an S reg 1.4 peugoet and a well known company have just tried to increase he premium by £90 from last years figure :lol: She is in her seventies with a clean licence and they want £50 more than I pay for a modded 350 :headhurt:

Too right - they start racing round the M25 and playing chicken the wrong way up motorways at that age! ;)

Too right - they start racing round the M25 and playing chicken the wrong way up motorways at that age! ;)

And why my car only goes to Barrow when I know she is in the house ;)

And why my car only goes to Barrow when I know she is in the house ;)

Only messing mate ;) A quick call to eSure or whoever it is Michael Winner does the adverts for and I'm sure it'll be about £75!