Fitting Genuine Tonneau Cover????

larsdowg

Hi all, can anyone help me I have looked on the forum but can seem to find anything?

Does anyone have intructions on how to fit the Genuine 350Z Tonneau cover, I have bought one 2nd hand and have no idea how to fit it.........

Seems to have a lot of brakets and screws in a little bag......... :wacko:

I'm sure its simple when you know how and I could fit it guessing but would like to fit it with some good instructions.

Anyone got any please?

Cheers

quite simple. You'll find some fixing points under the rear strut cover. Currently have hooks in remove them and swap for the brackets to hold the big screws. Also lift the carpet and You'll find a plate running along from left to right with some holes in. Attach the other brackets to that.

quite simple. You'll find some fixing points under the rear strut cover. Currently have hooks in remove them and swap for the brackets to hold the big screws. Also lift the carpet and You'll find a plate running along from left to right with some holes in. Attach the other brackets to that.

WOW fast reply cheers much appreciated....

got any pics so I put the correct backets in the right place/right way round with the correct fittings?

I seem to have 4 big plastic fittings, 4 little plugs, 4 washers, 2 screws, 2 large brackets, 2 small brackets and a bit of foam with double sided tape??

but no washing up bottle, sticky back plastic or glitter? :headhurt:

If I have the instructions at home I will try and scan them for you.

Mikes Instructions are spot on anyway!

That would be spot on thanks so I can see what I am doing.......

Bit like Ikea flat pack stereo cabinet and them find your missing 1 screw

I seem to have 4 big plastic fittings, 4 little plugs, 4 washers, 2 screws, 2 large brackets, 2 small brackets and a bit of foam with double sided tape??

Think you're in trouble, you don't have the actual tonneau cover on that list :lol:

Seriously though, full parts list includes:

Tonneau cover *1

Mounting bracket LO10248 *2

Mounting bracket LO10249 *2

Spacer 6-10 *2

Rawlnut M4 *2

Cross recessed screw M4x25 *2

Washer M5 *2

Cross recessed screw M6x16 *2

Washer M6 *2

Turning Knob *4

Nut M6 *4

Adhesive rubber *1

and, of course, the elusive installation manual :)

As you can guess I have the instuctions as well, if 3FIDDYZ can't find his :)

Think you're in trouble, you don't have the actual tonneau cover on that list :lol:

Seriously though, full parts list includes:

Tonneau cover *1

Mounting bracket LO10248 *2

Mounting bracket LO10249 *2

Spacer 6-10 *2

Rawlnut M4 *2

Cross recessed screw M4x25 *2

Washer M5 *2

Cross recessed screw M6x16 *2

Washer M6 *2

Turning Knob *4

Nut M6 *4

Adhesive rubber *1

and, of course, the elusive installation manual :)

As you can guess I have the instuctions as well, if 3FIDDYZ can't find his :)

ha ha I'm glad you have all that from instructions and not from memory :blink:

If you get a chance to send them over that would be brilliant and greatly appreciated :thumbs:

One of the fixing Bolts has a warped head, from when it was made I have replaced the pair with very similar nuts but not the original type would anyone know where I could source these? It will probably work with the ones I have sourced but the heads are a little flatter and slightly wider.... don't know until see instructions if this will cause an issue.

thank again everyone

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your help, I ended up fitting the cover this weekend top instructions...... can't help thinking that it was designed by someone on a Nissan YTS programme or a day release from a BTEC at the local Japanese college :lol:

Anyway all sorted now and I can actually put stuff into my boot without it hitting me in the back of the head :headhurt:

cheers everyone :thumbs:

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...