Labour Ad

Zedrush

at least the next 18 months if not 2 years, and i think it s going to get alot worse before it gets any better.

its a slippery slope and the govenment are trying to inject lots of cash to reduce the speed of the slide. but the banks have stuffed up so much i don't think it will payoff.

uk now heavy in debt and soon to be more.

i can't see an improvement till after a general election, same as last time when the tories took over, they tend to reset the balance,

its a repeating pattern, been this way for a long time,

could almost set your watch by it, every 20 years there tends to be a recession, some are bigger than others.

my guess is 18 months to 2 years before it turns, and probably at least 5 years before things are back to normal.

but it is a guess, and i'm by no means an economic expert, jjust an educated guess/

at least the next 18 months if not 2 years, and i think it s going to get alot worse before it gets any better.

its a slippery slope and the govenment are trying to inject lots of cash to reduce the speed of the slide. but the banks have stuffed up so much i don't think it will payoff.

uk now heavy in debt and soon to be more.

i can't see an improvement till after a general election, same as last time when the tories took over, they tend to reset the balance,

its a repeating pattern, been this way for a long time,

could almost set your watch by it, every 20 years there tends to be a recession, some are bigger than others.

my guess is 18 months to 2 years before it turns, and probably at least 5 years before things are back to normal.

but it is a guess, and i'm by no means an economic expert, jjust an educated guess/

love how Brown says "I am not looking at having an election this year there are more important things to be done as the people want me to focus on the economy" WHat a moron, s because of him we are in this mess, the quicker tory gets in the better imo :dry:

the tories aren't much better,

my bug bear is that i never voted for brown, and when blair left there should have been an election.

its his turn in the chair, and he's going to try and hold on for as long as possible. even if he screws us all over. :dry:

my bug bear is that i never voted for brown, and when blair left there should have been an election.

its his turn in the chair, and he's going to try and hold on for as long as possible. even if he screws us all over. :dry:

he wont be able to escape may 2010

but how much damage can one party do in 14 months.

remember last time,

the 3 day week, fuel crisis, strikes galoour, interest rates at 18%

i was only a kid, but my parents remember it :scare:

but how much damage can one party do in 14 months.

remember last time,

the 3 day week, fuel crisis, strikes galoour, interest rates at 18%

i was only a kid, but my parents remember it :scare:

very true, how are the other countries holding up, are they in a similar scenario as we are?

I personally believe that the economy is not going to improve this year, and we are looking at things getting worse before they get better - particularly in terms of employment and housing. And call me sceptic, but things never seem to change much no matter who is in power - there are always good times, and there are always bad times, it's just how those times are handled which makes the difference.

The current state of the economy is a global issue, not just domestic, and there needs to be some sort of international agreement and policies on the way forward to start making things better.

sadly a global issue want do a huge amount,

the banks lost lots of money, and although govenrments around the globe are bailing them out, it is at the end of the day just a loan. which they have to pay back.

so most banks are being cautious in their lending, not giving away much. and this will continue until they get themselves settled and pay off some of the loans.

the down turn has also knocke don to jobs as well. which affects money borrowing, lending etc. and the government coffers are hit harder because less of us will be supporting more people who aren't working.

i always thinnk the easiest way to look at it is like a computer crashing. everything has stalled, frozen, and it takes time for the whole lot to reboot. and nothing governments can do that will speed the process up.

I personally believe that the economy is not going to improve this year, and we are looking at things getting worse before they get better - particularly in terms of employment and housing. And call me sceptic, but things never seem to change much no matter who is in power - there are always good times, and there are always bad times, it's just how those times are handled which makes the difference.

The current state of the economy is a global issue, not just domestic, and there needs to be some sort of international agreement and policies on the way forward to start making things better.

totally agree, am not a huge fan of the tories, they are not much different from the labour. but as far as i'm concerned they are the only party able to oust labour.

not only that but we are governed by a party that was only voted in by 15% of the population, because only 60% of the uk voted and of that 60% only 25%-30% voted labour (i think it was around that).

i would never trust a politician as far as i could through one regardless of what team he batted for.

politicians regardless of parties only look at short term gains, as that is what keeps them in power.

its not a democracy, you just get to change the face of the money on top of the organ grinder. same tune different face.

non of them look at long term planning as non of them ever stay in longer than 3 terms. and elections come round every 4-5 years. try explaining to voters that although this is a great idea, and we're paying loads now we will all benefit in about 10 years. (its not a vote winner)

I completely agree that it is time which is the main factor. It is a vicious circle, and it will take a considerable period of time before confidence is restored - which I think is one of the keys, confidence. What I meant by global issue is that it is not just us here in the UK suffering and economies world over are suffering, impacting on each other. Whoever is in power, it is a case of riding it out and trying to minimise the damage. It does however help if at least, internationally, governments are pulling in the same direction rather than going off at a tangent - as some are prone to do! - affecting the rest of us.

And now I'll :shutup: What is it they say about discussing politics with friends? :lol:

I use a basic rule, I favour the party who enable people to prosper without imposing ridiculous regulations on them.

Being a simple sailor I am happy with my wage but like to keep a little of it :dry:

i cry a little every month when i see a thrid of my salary go off to the tax man :cry:

And now I'll :shutup: What is it they say about discussing politics with friends? :lol:

nothing wrong with discussing politics, it can make for good discussion.

my brother was a politics student, and when ever he used to come home he used to love starting politcal debates in my parents house, and then playing devils advocate to stir it up more. it made for some interesting chats :lol:

40% tax, add to that pension contributions etc. etc. :rant:

takes the **** doesn't it.

i wouldn't mind my salary if i actually got to keep most of it.

but i permanently feel like i have to climb the work ladder to push the pay up. but it always seems pointless, the more you earn the more you pay in tax.

it wouldn't be so bad if we got value for money. but we have a road network that is to small for the volume of traffic and is poorly maintained, we have a health service that can't cope and doesn't have enough doctors or nurses, a police force with not enough coppers, and public transport network that is extortianatly over priced.

so where the sodding hell is all my money going :dry:

40% tax, add to that pension contributions etc. etc. :rant:

takes the **** doesn't it.

i wouldn't mind my salary if i actually got to keep most of it.

but i permanently feel like i have to climb the work ladder to push the pay up. but it always seems pointless, the more you earn the more you pay in tax.

it wouldn't be so bad if we got value for money. but we have a road network that is to small for the volume of traffic and is poorly maintained, we have a health service that can't cope and doesn't have enough doctors or nurses, a police force with not enough coppers, and public transport network that is extortianatly over priced.

so where the sodding hell is all my money going :dry:

Spin doctors and Mandy's mmortgage - Ooops!! :lol:

I use a basic rule, I favour the party who enable people to prosper without imposing ridiculous regulations on them.

Being a simple sailor I am happy with my wage but like to keep a little of it :dry:

i cry a little every month when i see a thrid of my salary go off to the tax man :cry:

Tell me about it, 40% I lose :rant:

National Insurance, both employers and employees

Income tax

Corporation tax

Tax on dividends

And then on anything you manage to get into your back pocket after all that, you get to pay Value added Tax on the stuff you buy!

Follow £100 through the flow and its £32.50 in corporation tax, pay yourself the remaining £67.50 as a bonus and at 40% thats another £27 in tax, and lets not forget the 67p national insurance, leaving you with £39.33, oh and it cost the comapny £12.80 to pay you the £100 in the first place.

So in the above example it costs £112.80 to put £39.33 in the employees pocket. Thats over 65% in tax.

Then you spend that £39.33 on goods liable for VAT and youve actually coughed up another £5.90 in tax, leaving you with £33.43 from the original £112.80...

Of course there are options for some of dividend payment instead of bonuses, or sticking money into a pension fund to save the corporation tax, though the latter doesnt officially get it into your pocket until you retire, but even these methods aren't exactly what people would call major tax loopholes.

What with the economy having a wonderful time of it and Darling hell bent on getting us into a mess which will need taxes raising to resolve it - I dont think we are in for a pleasant time.

Happy days.. :dry:

Income tax

Corporation tax

Tax on dividends

And then on anything you manage to get into your back pocket after all that, you get to pay Value added Tax on the stuff you buy!

Follow £100 through the flow and its £32.50 in corporation tax, pay yourself the remaining £67.50 as a bonus and at 40% thats another £27 in tax, and lets not forget the 67p national insurance, leaving you with £39.33, oh and it cost the comapny £12.80 to pay you the £100 in the first place.

So in the above example it costs £112.80 to put £39.33 in the employees pocket. Thats over 65% in tax.

Then you spend that £39.33 on goods liable for VAT and youve actually coughed up another £5.90 in tax, leaving you with £33.43 from the original £112.80...

Of course there are options for some of dividend payment instead of bonuses, or sticking money into a pension fund to save the corporation tax, though the latter doesnt officially get it into your pocket until you retire, but even these methods aren't exactly what people would call major tax loopholes.

What with the economy having a wonderful time of it and Darling hell bent on getting us into a mess which will need taxes raising to resolve it - I dont think we are in for a pleasant time.

Wow thanks for cheering up my day you really know how to cheer me up dont ya :rant:

Income tax

Corporation tax

Tax on dividends

my dad worked out, that if you took all the tax he had to pay and he theortically worked for a yeatr, but paid all his tax off first (working for the tax man) starting from january he wouldn't be working for himself until july.

so if you add all your tax up my dad losses half his salary.

their is no incentive to do well in life, if you work hard and succeed, al that happens is you get more taken away.

effort wise you might as well work in tescos and stack shelves. after tax you probably still earn the same anyway :dry:

i have contemplated several times about emigrating, but i can't seeing it being any better else where. :headhurt: