Engine light on, how do i get the code thingy..

350matty

Right my engine light came on and want to find out why.

Its come on before and refused to pay the sixty odd pounds just to see what the code error is. :rant:

So i just reset it as my car was working fine BUT it has come on again and a bit worried. Should i bring it into Nissan and get raped? :sly:

Is they a way i can get round this so that i dont have to pay?

Thanks for reading

:D

You can do it by following the ECU reset procedure but not turning off..... I've read codes this way. It flashes up a 4 digit code in a series of flashes. The codes are all on here somewhere too......

Very simple to do!

You can do it by following the ECU reset procedure but not turning off..... I've read codes this way. It flashes up a 4 digit code in a series of flashes. The codes are all on here somewhere too......

Very simple to do!

I can do the ECU reset, but when do the flashes start reading out the codes and how is can i understand the flashes. This sounds like the cheapest way to do it.

What was your problem in the end and did you sort it. Thanks

Any one else tried this?

(borrowed from JORGEOLIVEIRA on my350z)

1. Turn the car to the ON position for 3 seconds

2. Completely depress the throttle 5 times in 5 seconds (once every second)

3. Wait 7 seconds (no throttle)

4. Fully depress throttle for 10 seconds until SES light starts flashing and release

5. The SES light will flash 10 times slowly to let you know its in diagnostic mode

6.Following the 10 slow flashed it will show you the code with fast flashes (fast flashes...pause...etc.) so code 303 for example would go (3 fast flashes, pause, 10 fast flashes, pause, 3 fast flashes, 10 slow flashes) The 10 slow flashes signify the end of the code.

To reset the SES light...

1. After doing steps 1-4, fully depress the throttle for 10 seconds.

2. Turn the ignition to the OFF position

The fault codes are here http://www.my350z.com/forum/forced-indu ... codes.html (links to another site)

Hope this helps :thumbs: