NANKANG tyres - any ideas?

neil2185

Has anyone ever hearrd of NANKANG tyres?

I can get a full set for about £220 and that seems almost too good to be true, are they shi*te?

Cheers

Nankang, also know as rankang, sh!te dude especially in wet, no grip, and with a rear wheel drive Z you might as well become a suicide bomber, youll have more chance of surviving :blush:

I can get a full set for about £220 and that seems almost too good to be true, are they shi*te?

Cheers

Nankang, also know as rankang, sh!te dude :blush:

Noted! thanks wont get those then! does anyone know of any cheap places online to buy falkens

Cheers

Noted! thanks wont get those then! does anyone know of any cheap places online to buy falkens

Cheers

Try Camskill. :)

seriously mate, if you had a runaround ford Id underdstand but with a 30z you really want to invest in decent quality tyres, it it in my opinion THE most important mod bar none. Save up and spend the money that it will cost. I know prescience (dorian) gave me a really good contact for tyres but I cant think for the life of me, think the were called camskills or something. But seriously, invest in a decent set even if you have to remortgage your house ;)

Nankang Hedgefinders as they are also known.

:lol::lol::lol:

Toyos on my car and think they are magic. Also heard VERY good things about Falken.

Everyone i have spoken to who have ever used falkens on any car got them because they were cheap, and have always found they grip accordingly.

A point i can remember:

On the way to the last Wales meet, i was driving up with ClarCE, who had recently changed his tyres to Falkens.

I had just fitted new Pirelli P Zero Assimetricos on mine, driving the same trip (same lanes etc... on motorway) there were places where he Aquaplaned badly on the motorway, where as i with the pirellis, had no problems.

This shows me that the Falkens have a lot less wet weather grip.

As the only thing between the road and the car = tyres, personally i would not scrimp on them and buy bidget brands, that deciusion could cost you the car one day!

i wouldn't use nankang, especially as it rhymes with a word beginning with W.

also they use a cheaper rubber compound, which doesn't perform as well as other tyre makes especially in the wet.

its the old addadge, you get what you pay for, budget prices = budget performance, and the more ponies you have under the hood the better the rubber you want on the wheels.

my next tyres are planned to be vredesteins ssantas, a little more expensive than the toyos and falkens, but apparently got good reviews. i'm hoping they will be a good happy medium between the toyo,falken end and michelin pilot sports.

and cam skills seem to be the best priced

Nankang Hedgefinders as they are also known.

:lol::lol::lol:

Toyos on my car and think they are magic. Also heard VERY good things about Falken.

Everyone i have spoken to who have ever used falkens on any car got them because they were cheap, and have always found they grip accordingly.

A point i can remember:

On the way to the last Wales meet, i was driving up with ClarCE, who had recently changed his tyres to Falkens.

I had just fitted new Pirelli P Zero Assimetricos on mine, driving the same trip (same lanes etc... on motorway) there were places where he Aquaplaned badly on the motorway, where as i with the pirellis, had no problems.

This shows me that the Falkens have a lot less wet weather grip.

As the only thing between the road and the car = tyres, personally i would not scrimp on them and buy bidget brands, that deciusion could cost you the car one day!

I never had any aquaplaning problems with mine - far better than the 'Stones in that respect.

• 2 weeks later...

I had Nanking NSII's on my FTO, In the wet I might as well have been on an ice rink covered in oil - to use these on this car with this much power and RWD your committing suicide :scare: really dont get them if your after a cheap tyre go for khumo or falken

I still cannot believe there is a tyre that sounds like "Cum Hoe", lol

Nankangs are made in china too, and you don't really see many mainland chinese driving around in performance cars.

For a cheap runaround Nankangs are ok, because they are very very hardwearing, seem to last forever.

Definately agree with most, especially the comment about the tyres being the only thing between your car and the road, so you better get some good rubber.

Cheers

Nankang, also know as rankang, sh!te dude especially in wet, no grip, and with a rear wheel drive Z you might as well become a suicide bomber, youll have more chance of surviving :blush:

haha lol

Cheers

You have such a way with words bro :lol::lol::thumbs: