Nissan Dealer Oxford (kidlington) - what a cheeky trick!

neil2185

My car went to the Oxford Nissan today, called Sims I think, not that impressed, although the first lady I spoke to was very friendly she didnt call back to confirm my appointment. The 2nd lady was a little short and snappy I thought.

It was going in under warrently for the head light washer not working and the switch on the back of the passengers seat.

When I took it in they started talking about charging me for fueses if I needed any on the work I was having done (come on nissan they are like 50p, get real)

So 3hrs later I get a phone call telling me that they have just finished the safety check and my N/S/F is illigal - I told them that unless they had done 5,000 in the last 3hrs in my car it bloody wasnt. Still insisting that it was they tried to sell me one of thier 'lovely' Brigestones at £215 a tyre. I was then put on to the sales manager who told me it was a mistake but as the tyre was not Bridgestone the warranty was not valid and they wouldnt do any work on it, they would of course be happy to sell me 4 Bridgestones for nearly a grand or I could come and get my car with no work done.

Quick call to the swindon dealer with a 'hypothetical question' about tyres and warranties (they obviously said it was bollocks) and an angry neil back on the phone to Oxford telling them where to go, up shot was no futher talk of needed new tyres and work done (well parts ordered)

Its a bit out of order though isnt it, someone more trusting (or less tight) would prob have parted with the best part of a grand then and I bet they would have sold my nearly new tires as part worns to a yard somewhere.

Clearly just a money making scam - beware!

My opinion of my local Nissan dealer is not family forum friendly. Sounds like these folk are of the same variety.

I'd call NMGB and advise them of this (they are representing them afterall) and the head office (if there is one) of the company. A letter to the dealer principle would also be good.

They are clearly muppets and would have ripped you off if they could. It is NOT good enough in my opinion.

..............And another thing Bridgestone are S**t anyway! They really tried to sell them to me though banging on about how they would really increase handelling and reduce road noise compaired to the falkens I have on there now!

Ha sorry you can see this has got under my skin a little bit!

My opinion of my local Nissan dealer is not family forum friendly. Sounds like these folk are of the same variety.

I'd call NMGB and advise them of this (they are representing them afterall) and the head office (if there is one) of the company. A letter to the dealer principle would also be good.

They are clearly muppets and would have ripped you off if they could. It is NOT good enough in my opinion.

+1 on all of that :thumbs:

I complained to West Way Nissan Basingstoke about my problems with their sales staff during the purchase of my Zed and they threw in a P3 service for free (quoted about £315 for it at the time), so you can turn it into something useful. Then use a different dealer from now on :teeth:

thats disgusting !! you have to be switched on, especially as they are more desperate the usual at the mo

+1 on that. Last month my mate at work told me that her car was making a funny noise so she took it to the garage and they diagnosed a cracked something-or-other in the engine, and it'd be £1600 to replace! I googled it and it sounded a bit sus - so long story short i went out one lunch and listened to it - and it was a bloody wheel bearing :scare:

So she took it to a different garage, and all was fixed for 80quid i think!!

You want to believe that it was just a mistake and that they aren't trying to rob you, but its hard!

I understand people using dealers if they have warrenty but I would much prefer to take my car to someone who appreciates it rather than just being another job on the calender.

Even simple touches like taking my car to hiQ to have the wheels balanced, they were fighting it out on who was going to do it. and even cleaned all the rims up aswell. Top Job in my opinion. Nissan and most dealers, just follow the handbook, and are not through and through trained mechanics - or a thoroughly as many others in my opinion. The 350z is a nice car to work on so I dont know why they put up such a fuss!

Dan

R800NER I am not that far from woodstock at all, Witney infact - what Zed do you have?

I haven't got one just yet, hence the test drive! I work over in Bicester, but I used to work in Witney....I saw a grey zed at Bicester train station once....but they aren't very common in our area!

As soon as I get my zed we should have a local meet or something B)

I would think (well hope) that Nissan UK would take this very seriously. Did you contact them Neil?

I would mention you are a member of this forum and it raised serious question about members taking their cars to Nissan. I know its an area manufacturers can get awkward about but it is law that you have the right to have your car serviced by any garage you choose as long as approved parts and standard service guidelines are adhered to etc etc Dealers are doing their utmost to keep their customers due to this and i would just use it as a damn good place to air your frustrations and leverage to see what you can get out of them! I would just say that the word on here is most are considering not using Nissan due to this and hop they can resolve this issue.

Stuff like this makes me mad! Just think of all those old folk driving their Micra's that would have believed them!