My Mum's MX5

tmJak

Sure a couple on here will have experience with MX5's. My Zed's clutch is knackered so borrowed my Mums car, a W reg 1.8. It's a really cool car when you drive it, makes you feel like James Bond. The Zed is is quite violent when it looses the back end, and really has to be restrained on public roads but the Mazda is well fun. Can throw it into corners :teeth:

Although I was driving on the motorway to work and a chav in a crappy clio with a big boy exhaust and full Halfords bling bling flashed me and overtook. The spotty teenage driver looked over as if he wanted to race. Obviously I didn't as I don't wanna smash up my mums car and it's not too keen over 70mph, but really wished I'd been in the Zed! :dry:

MX5's are great go carts I've driven one before - but as a former MR2 roadster boyo ...so arch enemies officially (but like them both!) ;) dont tell anyone !

Lucy had one she really loved it - only trouble is they are like Copen's on the motorway - subject to wagon drivers blindness!! :scare:

Without any offence, I knew you would like them Stan :)

The newer ones are definately hairdressers cars but think the older ones aren't flash enough anymore. Wouldn't say I'd ever buy one, but if you can nick one from a mate they are good fun for a razz about.

Was it an MX5 Flirt's mate had at the last Wales run?

Without any offence, I knew you would like them Stan :)

The newer ones are definately hairdressers cars but think the older ones aren't flash enough anymore. Wouldn't say I'd ever buy one, but if you can nick one from a mate they are good fun for a razz about.

Was it an MX5 Flirt's mate had at the last Wales run?

Oi Chris !! Noo!! cheeky rascal! I never had one just an MR2 roadster - bit more serious than an MX5 - just borrowed a mates to see what they were like!

the new one is too heavy and too tall - bit like a Z4 you sit on it not in it!! he he he ..... :yuck: happy with my 350 hairzed thanks very much!! :p

:lol: Didn't know it was so bad to say someone likes MX5's :lol:

Cabin is way too small in them. I have to dislocate my shoulder and elbow to open the window! I can see why people get fanatic about them (like us with Zeds) cos they have a certain charm. . .

I've been trying to get my mum to lend me hers for a few years but she wont let me near it :blush:

Tell her your clutch has gone? Worked for me ;)

:lol:

Unfortunatly I have a vectra aswell. Shes offered my dads & brothers car to me but never hers :dry:

She thinks its too powerful for me :lol:

I've been trying to get my mum to lend me hers for a few years but she wont let me near it :blush:

Unfortunatly I have a vectra aswell. Shes offered my dads & brothers car to me but never hers :dry:

Snap - my mum was giving me advice on driving a rear wheel drive car. . ."be careful on roundabouts" and believe it or not "if you struggle with the back kicking out, put some weight in the boot like a bag of potatoes" :headhurt::lol:

Snap - my mum was giving me advice on driving a rear wheel drive car. . ."be careful on roundabouts" and believe it or not "if you struggle with the back kicking out, put some weight in the boot like a bag of potatoes" :headhurt::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I do think they are toy town cars - thats why I went for the MR2 in the end - but hey it teaches you how to live life without luggage! :surrender:

I quite like the MX5 but I tried to get in a new one and the seat was right back and I couldn't get comfy. I'm only 5'9" but I have a generous waist.... :blush:

I like the old ones. I think they are cooler now than when they were new. Start at about a grand too..... At a grand I can't really think of a better fun car!

• 2 weeks later...

Test drove one of these at the weekend and it was a corking little car (Mk2.5). Really pointy and direct with loads of feel. Tiny inside as mentioned and not going to win many traffic lights grand prix but for few grand its a pretty neat car.

MX5's are great go carts I've driven one before - but as a former MR2 roadster boyo ...so arch enemies officially (but like them both!) ;) dont tell anyone !

Lucy had one she really loved it - only trouble is they are like Copen's on the motorway - subject to wagon drivers blindness!! :scare:

same here used to have a blue 02 reg mr2 roadster,

did you ever go on to www.mr2roc.org ?

i was a frequent memeber on there as was ekona.

great cars, far more driver focussed than the mx5, excellent fun, and had enough poke to be fun in traffic light grandprixs

:thumbs:

The new one is annoyingly good as I've said a few times on here. But they are cramped. Why still put the battery in the passenger footwell?! :wacko:

It was in the boot on Tracy's MK2. This was a great car, very reliable and handled incredibly well. Though as others have said its not the most "manly" of cars.

Tracys went to make way for the Z, but given another couple of garages Id buy another one for her without hesitation.

Heres Tracys old one:

maz1.jpg