Key Locked in Boot

persiantiger

cant you have the boot open, lock the car, throw keys in boot, close boot and it locks?

im sure sometimes i have locked the car before my passenger has closed their door and they have the proceeded to close the door and you can see the alarm is armed and door locked.... maybe wrong but i think ive done this before... (certainly did with the audi)

I'm pretty sure that if you lock the car with the boot or one of the doors open, when you shut them they are not locked........I ain't got a zed so someone go check!! :D

Just make sure your keys are in your pocket and not in the car.....

Of course, still doesn't answer the question though..... ;)

cant you have the boot open, lock the car, throw keys in boot, close boot and it locks?

im sure sometimes i have locked the car before my passenger has closed their door and they have the proceeded to close the door and you can see the alarm is armed and door locked.... maybe wrong but i think ive done this before... (certainly did with the audi)

I'm pretty sure that if you lock the car with the boot or one of the doors open, when you shut them they are not locked........I ain't got a zed so someone go check!! :D

Just make sure your keys are in your pocket and not in the car.....

wheres the fun in that!!!!! :teeth:

Right, just went out in the p1551ng rain in a T shuirt to check out for Sarnie.

When you lock the car and the door is open it makes a sound (constant beep) but the door IS locked. Same with the boot but with no sound.

So DO NOT lock the car when doors or boot are open and the keys are not in a handy place.

Right, just went out in the p1551ng rain in a T shuirt to check out for Sarnie.

When you lock the car and the door is open it makes a sound (constant beep) but the door IS locked. Same with the boot but with no sound.

So DO NOT lock the car when doors or boot are open and the keys are not in a handy place.

Can you go get me a KFC now? :lol::p

• 3 months later...

Thanks for all your advice guys. The boot release under the strut (and diagram) was a great help as my gear the in car (sails, mast and boom) blocked access to the boot from the inside.

In the end I smashed the passenger window (had glass insurance) a full 3 days after the event.

Car was locked because I must have pressed lock button on fob with cold+numb thumb.

Neither AA nor locksmith could break into it (c. 2hours each spent on this). Got tow home, arriving back at 2am still in wetsuit to bewildered girlfriend. Master key was incorrectly cut by Nissan!!

Advice - check your master keys...haven't taken mine back to Nissan yet for replacement but will do.

FYI - I used a Handirack (blow-up roof rack) strapped around boot on which windsurfer was strapped. Good for over 70mph, but after half dozen goes is starting to wear the paint on the spoiler.

Cheers for a cracking (and quick to respond) forum!

I missed that first time around! Amusing for us but not for you! Glad you got it sorted but what a pain! Thank god i have a spare set of keys! I have set my keys down in the boot loads of times without thinking about it. I never realised the third key i have was some sort of 'master' key! I just thought it was a valet key i.e a key that does it all except open the glove box and boot. Is it for something else in particular?

Thanks for all your advice guys. The boot release under the strut (and diagram) was a great help as my gear the in car (sails, mast and boom) blocked access to the boot from the inside.

In the end I smashed the passenger window (had glass insurance) a full 3 days after the event.

Car was locked because I must have pressed lock button on fob with cold+numb thumb.

Neither AA nor locksmith could break into it (c. 2hours each spent on this). Got tow home, arriving back at 2am still in wetsuit to bewildered girlfriend. Master key was incorrectly cut by Nissan!!

Advice - check your master keys...haven't taken mine back to Nissan yet for replacement but will do.

FYI - I used a Handirack (blow-up roof rack) strapped around boot on which windsurfer was strapped. Good for over 70mph, but after half dozen goes is starting to wear the paint on the spoiler.

Cheers for a cracking (and quick to respond) forum!

Wow, remember the good old days where you'd pop a Slim Jim down the door, lift the button and be inside within a minute?! erm..me neither :ninja::lol:

At least you can take solace in the fact that no-ones nicking the Zed in a hurry!

I missed that first time around! Amusing for us but not for you! Glad you got it sorted but what a pain! Thank god i have a spare set of keys! I have set my keys down in the boot loads of times without thinking about it. I never realised the third key i have was some sort of 'master' key! I just thought it was a valet key i.e a key that does it all except open the glove box and boot. Is it for something else in particular?

The third small key is a valet key i think, thats what my dealer told me.