Flat batttery-------------Bigphil

TT Convert

Ok, so a big Hi as I havent been on here for a while. My problem is my battery keeps on going flat. If I leave it for more than 3-4days its dead. Is this normal or do I have a problem??? It has been tested but came back as ok? How much is a new one and were can I get one?? bigphil??

sounds like something is left on and is draining the battery.

could be a dodgy connection somewhere, or it not earthed properly.

have a look at the battery terminals, do they look corroded/dirty, if so give them a clean. shiney is good.

maybe an earthing kit might solve the problem.

i know some old cars used to suffer this because things like glove box lights/bot lights weren't going out. and draining the battery.

someone else might have a better idea

will any battery do?? or does it have to be a special 1?? i know F**K all about cars

as tim said in his link, take the battery tray out and let the battery place find one that fits. I also seem to remember that you need to make a adjustment to one of the terminals but easy enough

I find the US batteries to be good for about 3 years, 50k miles. Good news is that they are very inexpensive from the dealer new. That would be my first check...you might be surprised how affordable it is

I think most UK dealers try to stay away from JDMs or at least charge the earth for bits for them if they have to deal with them! :surrender:

I wouldnt bother going to a dealer to buy a battery, most automotive dealers will be able to provide you with one. You will have to change both battery clamps as the terminals are much bigger which is a very easy job. It may be worthwhile getting a nice set of OEM clamps and picking up a battery from your local parts centre.

Bearing in mind if there is a drain on the battery present this will not cure it. I would start by performing some battery checks to check the condition of the battery, Halfords etc and they can also perform an alternator check.