High mileage 350 for sale

jim350

Hi guys Im currently looking to buy a 350z and iv found one that has done 96k miles. The advert says that the car has full nissan service history but can i expect any problems with a car of this mileage? its an 04 plate. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Jim

yeah thats not a bad idea, so you reckon 7k or less thats cheap

cheers guys

£7k is cheap but not that cheap considering within 6 months or so you could have a car with 110k on it which will put a lot of people off if/when you come to sell................

yeah u suppose your right, what do you think i should do?

The mileage wouldn't put me off, but it would need to be in good condition, maintained impeccibly and have newish consumables like clutch, tyres, brake disks and pads etc.

It would also have to be around £7k or less for me to justify buying a car with that kind of mileage.......

The engines are solid, but there are a few things to look out for at that mileage - check the service history is up to date and that the 'high-mileage' service intervals have been followed. Most of that mileage has probably been motorway cruising (difficult to get that high in 4 years without using the motorway a lot!) so that should mean minium wear and tear to the mechanicals (engine, gearbox, diff) - if any of these don't feel smooth as new, walk away. Also check the expensive 'consumables' like tyres, brake pads and discs (a new set all round could set you back almost £1k) and find out when the clutch was last changed (they last 40-50k) also check the exhaust for rust...

Despite what's been said, I think you'd be *very* lucky to find a Z for £7k, whatever the mileage. And if you want one in good condition which you won't have to fork out a fortune to make road worthy, you'll have to be prepared to pay a little more than rock-bottom.

Good luck hunting!

Steve

I agree on the stupid pistonhead bumper stickers, will make you look like a right chav. The car doesn't deserve this!

Price wise, you have to go as cheap as possible with that kind of mileage, how long are you planning on keeping the car for?

Personally, I would save up more, wait and get something with lower miles. You'd probably only regret it in the future.

There are a number of 350's in the US running much higher mileage than that and still going strong. If it's tidy and looking solid, and you're not too worried about the additional mileage you're going to put on it.

Do a search on my350z.com for "high mileage" or "high mileage 350z" or the like. There's a number of threads, and participants. ;)

i'd say its worth at least 8500 if it's in proper nick - it's got satnav, GT, red - all the options to add value!
I know that red's pretty popular on here but the fact that it was free yet there are hardly any red ones out there shows just how popular it was in general. I can't see red paint adding any value and would probably make it harder to sell.

I wouldn't disagree with your valuation though, mate. :thumbs:

i'd say its worth at least 8500 if it's in proper nick - it's got satnav, GT, red - all the options to add value!
I know that red's pretty popular on here but the fact that it was free yet there are hardly any red ones out there shows just how popular it was in general. I can't see red paint adding any value and would probably make it harder to sell.

I wouldn't disagree with your valuation though, mate. :thumbs:

+1

Colour is very subjective. Colours like red and yellow limit your selling market but may actually enhance your chances of selling it as people will really want that colour and will only have a few to choose from.......could go either way imo.....I had one phone call about my UY when it was for sale..........but it sold for top dollar.

I`ve had lots of high mileage V6 engines. A V6 is so much better designed to keep strong for high miles (one of the reasons I buy V6 cars).

My old Alfa V6 recently died at just over 250K miles from a cambelt failure, not the actual engine internals. If an Alfa can get to 250K and beyond then a Z can to!

Aas has been said, so long as the service history is good and all the consumables have been replaced then don't be put of by high mileage. It is just a way to get a cheaper car.

I'd like to agree with the miles and the engine getting better - sounds good to me!

I'm on 64k miles now and the car still runs like a dream - probably the best in the last 6 months after having all the bugs ironed out (clicky axle, clicky cd, airbag light).

Mine feels tight as if it was the 1st day out of the showroom, no clicks! no creaks. I'd say my only bug bears are the front bumper being shot and the rays getting a bit tired, but that's wear & tear anyway. Running on a new set of falkens, decent dba brakes and a new k&n typhoon and it's fantastic. I am actually quiet impressed by how well the interior has kept as well.

I've been debating about selling the car for another zed next year, but my plans are to mod it subtly next year in the summer. I don't see anypoint shelling out another £15-£20k for a newer plate.

So, after seeing how cheap these high mileage zeds are going for and how well mine still hangs together, I'd buy one :thumbs: