Hmm new M3 convertable

Zedrush

Okay Im not a bmw fan but I have secretly always liked M3's and just looking at the new 08 M3, there is one at a garage near me with 3k miles on it all black with red and black interior, my kinda style, and might be tempted to get it for a bit of fun for a year till I wait out getting my dream car, anyone know what they are like? Fun to drive or any known problems with em.

Cheers be open to any advice :blush:

Okay Im not a bmw fan but I have secretly always liked M3's and just looking at the new 08 M3, there is one at a garage near me with 3k miles on it all black with red and black interior, my kinda style, and might be tempted to get it for a bit of fun for a year till I wait out getting my dream car, anyone know what they are like? Fun to drive or any known problems with em.

Link? price?

I love em mate, just don't think they are worth anything near the list price........

I have been in the passengers seat lol! Its white with black leather! So so nice! It can move aswell a little bit pricey tho buddy! You know your gonna loose a shed load on it!

Yeh I know but not as much as would of done on getting the aston. Just one of those days when Im getting bored of driving a jeep all day for work, want another vehicle as well might as well be a sports car again, know I said id wait for better times, but can stretch to 50k whilst holding out for the economy to get better, then go mad on a car :blush:

I have been in the passengers seat lol! Its white with black leather! So so nice! It can move aswell a little bit pricey tho buddy! You know your gonna loose a shed load on it!

Yeh I know but not as much as would of done on getting the aston. Just one of those days when Im getting bored of driving a jeep all day for work, want another vehicle as well might as well be a sports car again, know I said id wait for better times, but can stretch to 50k whilst holding out for the economy to get better, then go mad on a car :blush:

Sports cars don't have 4 seats ;)

Why not get something that has lost most of its money already? Maybe a 360............

Link? price?

I love em mate, just don't think they are worth anything near the list price........

no link to the garage bud only one can find that it matches is this one here

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/692654.htm

garage said would do for 48k

Link? price?

no link to the garage bud only one can find that it matches is this one here

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/692654.htm

garage said would do for 48k

See my post above :D

lol, thought M3 was classed as sports car, 360 use to be my kind of car but when I saw in person, it just screamed, look at me, Im a knob, I just drive cos of the badge but dont have a clue about cars...

damn that does sound like me :lol::blush:

well, you can pay £50k for a BMW and lose about £15k of it in the next 12-18 months or buy a car that has lost most of its money already.....

You can bargin really hard with BMW reps. They say they do not need to discount but in reality they are being hit hard and a M3 is a car difficult to shift.

Base price is 55k so I would want atleast another 5k off that price.

They will show you list price of the options which is bollox as that is "list" for new and yours is not new.

Ask them if they will take into effect the prices list for options on your trade-in one (if you have one) the answer is no so why let that effect the price you pay for the BMW.

If the monkey does not want to move on price, then ask to see sales manager, if he says the same walk away as BMW direct have http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/auc/car_deta ... 050PL66538

Note the Customer Service for BMW is the best I have recieved in my entire life but the cars can still go wrong so get from a dealer not Boyz-Toyz

You can bargin really hard with BMW reps. They say they do not need to discount but in reality they are being hit hard and a M3 is a car difficult to shift.

Base price is 55k so I would want atleast another 5k off that price.

They will show you list price of the options which is bollox as that is "list" for new and yours is not new.

Ask them if they will take into effect the prices list for options on your trade-in one (if you have one) the answer is no so why let that effect the price you pay for the BMW.

If the monkey does not want to move on price, then ask to see sales manager, if he says the same walk away as BMW direct have http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/auc/car_deta ... 050PL66538

Note the Customer Service for BMW is the best I have recieved in my entire life but the cars can still go wrong so get from a dealer not Boyz-Toyz

cheers for the sound advice mate, the car i found is from a bmw dealer so will see if they will budge lower, am interested but then just trying to think about this lodgically if its worth it, logic has never been my strong point :lol::blush:

Liam has a point, with an uncertain future on car prices, going for one that has lost most of its money now and holding for a year is probably the best bet.

Hows about 56 plate Astons, £45k or less. DB9's for only about 5k more, and a 54plate or slightly newer DB9 can be had for around £50k.

360's (early ones at least) will have lost most of their money, and 04/54/05 Gallardos have lost a fair proportion of theirs now too.

What about having a cheap 350z for a year, and putting £40k into a repo'd house from an auction, sit on that for a couple of years and see if the market takes an upturn. My brother and I are visiting a property auction on Wednesday to get a feel for the volume/prices of repo's and fire sale houses around here.

Have a cheaper "fun car" that wont lose as much money, while sitting on an investment that has the pottential to go up in value, which will assist fund the dream car in a year or two..

Liam has a point, with an uncertain future on car prices, going for one that has lost most of its money now and holding for a year is probably the best bet.

Hows about 56 plate Astons, £45k or less. DB9's for only about 5k more, and a 54plate or slightly newer DB9 can be had for around £50k.

360's (early ones at least) will have lost most of their money, and 04/54/05 Gallardos have lost a fair proportion of theirs now too.

What about having a cheap 350z for a year, and putting £40k into a repo'd house from an auction, sit on that for a couple of years and see if the market takes an upturn. My brother and I are visiting a property auction on Wednesday to get a feel for the volume/prices of repo's and fire sale houses around here.

Have a cheaper "fun car" that wont lose as much money, while sitting on an investment that has the pottential to go up in value, which will assist fund the dream car in a year or two..

you have pm bud :thumbs:

Worth considering a used M6.. 50k gets you a lot of metal ... they've dropped like lead balloons !! good as a daily driver.. acquired styling taste but a real put a smile on your face drive.. sound awesome and acceleration feels ferocious all the way through the range... Also amg sl's from the last of the previous shape are at good prices (2 seat of course).. granted neither are as exotic as a 360, maserati, lambo or aston but both decent motors that aren't going to be as expensive to live with as the aston or lambo or as fragile as te 360 or maserati..... both pretty clinical to drive (never drive the amg sl but have drive a 500 which felt pretty deccent).

I had a dozen track laps in a 12mth old db9 coupe in July.... that was just fab power delivery was immense, noise was like the world was ending... great to be in.. gearbox was dumb to the point of ruining the car when you came out of a power off corner blipped down a couple of gearrs and buttoned the accelerator it had a long ponder about the gear change you asked for then lurched onwards at millenium falcon acceleration rates... interior quality was poor... you could hear every bit of trim rattling .. granted it had been a weekend track car since it was bought so that could explain away the trim but on the same day i had a couple of laps in an r-8 and it's trim was silent.. it was also 6mths in as a track car and seemed to be holding up better....

The new M3 is a good drive, it's quick and the balance feels good.. better in coupe format... i've seen a 12mth old <10k coupe, good spec, 1 owner 34k.... they reckoned on getting 31-32 for it... also heard of a 10mth old full spec (60k new) m3 coupe <10k miles up at 38.. dealer was willing to go down to 34.... coupe models dropping are the non smg'd variants..

The convertible won't have dropped as much as still in pretty good demand...

In fact any of above .. :) all top notch motors....