Newbie looking for a Zed!

Hi chaps!

I am new, but looking for my perfect Zed :teeth:

Ideal zed that I want to be driving is a red nismo kitted 350z GT pack with rays and a pop charger :D

I test drove a GT in azure blue (stock) and fell in love after originally looking for a lotus elise 111S. I drive a Golf, so as you can imagine my daily drive is boring despite the quality roads!

Budget for me is £15-6k with insurance, but I need to make a thread somewhere comparing buying a nismo kitted GT at £14,500 ish and insure it OR buy a standard GT at £13k + insurance and modify it up?

Where is best to ask this question? (E.g, how much would a nismo full kit and wheels cost to paint and fit approx?)

Cheers (big post i know!) :teeth:

I like the nismos, typical!!!!

So how much would that kit cost to fit and paint? how long does it take? I am slowly picking up the info from search, but it's a painstaking task! I presume that ESR would do the work? (Big phil?)

Thanks for the help guys :)

I like the nismos, typical!!!!

So how much would that kit cost to fit and paint? how long does it take? I am slowly picking up the info from search, but it's a painstaking task! I presume that ESR would do the work? (Big phil?)

Thanks for the help guys :)

Bigphil is poorly at the mo but give them a ring. Andrew his son can help and give you an idea of price for paint and fitting.

Does anyone have any rough figures for how much it would be approximately? Nismo wheels have gone up to £2000? or are they about to? I guess I will only be able to budget for rays then.

I am really tempted to buy a blank canvass and do the mods myself over a period of time...

Ideal (except wheels)

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

At least there is plenty detail in there!

Nismo kit can be had for about £1500 if you speak to Zmanalex.... quickly!

Nismo wheels have rocketed in price recently however Rota have a wheel similar and it will be released in 19 inch soon.....

I would of thought about arund £700 to £800 for paint and fitting. Some people have been quoted around £500 which seemed very cheap. Your normally looking around £275 for a front bumper paint and fitting. Have a look in the styling section. Also check the traders section. Adam from Z1 usually has a few deals on some nice quality wheels

350z-08.jpg

These are the wheels that I wanted! I can wait though, I think my plan has changed now....

1.) Buy a red Zed for about £12500 with GT package and insure in Jan.

2.) Buy kit from ZMANALEX and hold it at my work warehouse

3.) Buy wheels

4.) Fit/paint kit + wheels

5.) The other mods (carbon bits, pop charger etc)

That's the order, now all I have to do is set up a wanted post and watch pistonheads like a hawk for a chilli red zed

:D Can anyone see any flaws in my plan? (sorry to be a pain)

I have tried everywhere mate the best is Admiral! I have been drivin for 4 years coming up for 5! But i have only got 1 year ncb cause i was on my dads policy before! I stay in a gd are not a high risk zone sooo i dnt kno why i am being charged soo bloody much :wacko:

I am going to buy that nismo kit I think....store it until I get a car (that might sound really random!)

I am going to sit tight for the right car, I might ask for a lift to a meet or something so I can decide between chilli and azure!

My insurance at 21 with 1 years ncb is going to be £1200 with mods, but I might buy the car early... which will be a named driver until I turn 21 ( may)

Don't worry, I have planned this for a while, I think I know what I am doing... :scare::yahoo:

I spent the last few evening trying to find a photo of what I hope to achieve by modding the car......this is how I want mine to look (with carbon B pillars)

nismo350z1eb4.jpg

Is it wrong to dream of having a car like that? I have had two views from people at work....one chap thinks it's "boy racer" and my female manager thinks its lovely!

[/img]

Looks great in Red with Nismo but if it was me I would be looking around to do something different..

I would go for something like Leemiks famous red zed and bring some black on to the lip of the front bumper and paint just the wing of the spoiler black.

I would also be looking at perhaps black wheels so your making it look meaner... Also makes it look more stocky!

Looks great in Red with Nismo but if it was me I would be looking around to do something different..

I would go for something like Leemik's famous red zed and bring some black on to the lip of the front bumper and paint just the wing of the spoiler black.

Leemik's Zed can be found on my350z.com, for those that are new to the scene. ;)

one chap thinks it's "boy racer" and my female manager thinks its lovely!

Emmmm, no brainer. Do you crave male or female attention?

So, Nismo kit it is then!

My car is modified and although I guess boy racer to some, it gets a lot of positive attention.