350Z trade prices...

cfoster

Does anyone know what the current dealer trade prices are for 350'z, say an 04 plate with average mileage?

I'm looking at one on Saturday at a normal garage who apparantly bought it off of a dealer (VW funnily enough - guy traded it in for a Scirroco - nutter!!!!) as a trade in, just so I can get an idea of his markup so I can haggle a deal!!!

Cheers

Chris :)

Its very worrying seeing the prices like that. I remember when i bought mine 2 years ago and it was worth a lot more than that! :scare:

If you think that one was cheap, this one is very similar to your old one for nearly half what you paid for yours:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

:surrender:

:scare::scare::surrender:

That is shocking, however over double the mileage that i had on mine when i sold it ;)

Its very worrying seeing the prices like that. I remember when i bought mine 2 years ago and it was worth a lot more than that! :scare:

If you think that one was cheap, this one is very similar to your old one for nearly half what you paid for yours:

That is shocking, however over double the mileage that i had on mine when i sold it ;)

And how long ago did you sell yours? Yours will be approaching that mileage now ;)

Its still only done around 12k a year which is nothing.....

And how long ago did you sell yours? Yours will be approaching that mileage now ;)

Probably not, Chris - who bought it - hardly drives it as he is always away on business.

12k a year is pretty good though, so about average for a car of its year. I always have a policy though, i would never buy a car with mileage over 25k. I like low mileage cars :thumbs:

Probably not, Chris - who bought it - hardly drives it as he is always away on business.

12k a year is pretty good though, so about average for a car of its year. I always have a policy though, i would never buy a car with mileage over 25k. I like low mileage cars :thumbs:

Whys that? Does nothing go wrong with cars with low milage????

It's a bit like making your kids come in early - pregnancy can't happen before 10:30pm.......

It's a bit like making your kids come in early - pregnancy can't happen before 10:30pm.......

Nothing to do with things going wrong, its all about resale, someone is more likely to buy a car with lower miles than one with more in my eyes. Plus my dad always said so :p

Brilliant comment, had me in stitches in the office and now I'm being looked at as if I'm mad!

Each to their own though, if we all had the same criteria for a car we wouldn't have all the different colours, makes and models.

As nice as the Scirroco looks, its a Zed all the way for me!

Nothing to do with things going wrong, its all about resale, someone is more likely to buy a car with lower miles than one with more in my eyes. Plus my dad always said so :p

Thats incorrect. You struggled to sell your car due to the spec and price, nothing to do with mileage. The right car at the right price will always sell ;)

I've just read the ad; it states that it's a UK supplied car but doesn't have leather. I thought that leather had always been standard in UK cars?

If that's the case and the seller has told a wee white lie about this, you'd have to take the rest of the info on the car with a rather large pinch of salt and I dunno about you lot but I'd never buy anything from someone I didn't fully trust.

Maybe I'm wrong about the leather but I prefer to be sceptical about everything; that way I can only ever be pleasantly surprised.

prices do vary alot, as i posted my local nissan dealer has a 04 at like £16k area

but i've started to see some trade and private dip below £10k, even for uk gt spec with below average mileage

i know my TT is dropping in value too, but not as quick i think, so am holding out for now, unless i can find a decent place for a p/x / swap deal

I gave just short of £15k for a 350Z, 55 plate this week with full service and still under factory warranty for a short while. These things still seem to be trading well. I sold my previous car as well this week and I had atleast 10 calls a day off autotrader. Sold it to the first person that called so there is plenty of interest for second hand cars still, just not new ones! So maybe they won't sell to many 370Z which will stop the rot on our prices

the one i'm looking at is a azure blue 04 plate with 24k on the clock!

i've seen one advertised for about that

with the market, turn of the new year, new 370z etc. i can see many of these going to be around the £10k mark.

looking at a private sell, someone sold one similar at just sub £10k

this price will be alot better than trade, so people will either hang on to them, or more will try to sell privately and recoup as much above trade

but then again, there are people out there going to be paying like £16k for the same car. i can't believe bristol wessex garages has a 2003 at £16-17k!!!