Time to share some good news...

sl114

Congrats matey - well done :thumbs::yahoo:

Hey leave his Fiat 500 alone :boxing: - its a cool car - they are dare I say it actually well made (Made in Poland not Italy) yes they are cutesey but a damn site better than mini's or retro Beetles!

Just dont get stripes on the side or you'll look like your delivering Pizzas!! :lol:

Come on try and shoehorn a nice V6 in there! :lol:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

still waiting for my contract to come through as your new highly paid PA!! :lol:

And you will be safe too Nixy ;):lol:

You could be like money penny and watch Louis throw is brokeback mountain hat onto a hat peg when he arrives in the morning. :lol:

Why do I get the feeling this thread will run for ages.... :lol:

To be fair I have heard both good and bad from both camps(no pun intended) re: mini and 500? Other than my head touching the roof in the fiat the build is very good and far more nicer and interesting than the mini -but other half is ex mini owner and she loved it!

Louis there is always the Daihatsu Copen :D

COPEN.jpg

I know there are many other cars out there and my first choice was to get a 350z again, however i need a 4 seater. The other reason is that Sarah will be driving it and when i break out into a more senior PM in a year or two -basically after my year of development training, i will be on more money so can afford a second fun car, hence a 2 seater coupe will be back on the cards then. In this climate, i wanted to go for something that will keep its value - to some extent - look cool and be easy to sell on. The 500 is also very economical and vey low tax and insurance, therefore again, financially it makes perfect sense.

Nixy - you know the extra duties ;)

The Copen is nice, but a rag top, and i'll be damned driving a gay's car ;)

Beavis - get that radio 2 slot. Its another discussion but i think the whole thing is rubbish! If you dont like what you are listening to or watching, dont watch. Plus i blame producers and scheduling not the presenters ;)

Beavis - get that radio 2 slot. Its another discussion but i think the whole thing is rubbish! If you dont like what you are listening to or watching, dont watch. Plus i blame producers and scheduling not the presenters ;)

Trust you to stand up for the pair of planks :wacko: I blame them all ;)

Not really going to criticise them though are you Louis? ;)

Trust you to stand up for the pair of planks :wacko: I blame them all ;)

Not really going to criticise them though are you Louis? ;)

Of course i will stand up for them as i dont believe they did anything wrong. I know the person who was producing that show and they made the decision to do it, not the presenters, the presenters did it because they were asked too. Its a call that producers make and then the execs to decide if it will break ofcom rules, which it did, any idiot could see it would cause a problem, so they should be punished, not the presenters who are contracted to do what the producers tell them too.

the presenters did it because they were asked too. Its a call that producers make and then the execs to decide if it will break ofcom rules, which it did, any idiot could see it would cause a problem, so they should be punished, not the presenters who are contracted to do what the producers tell them too.

So basically any monkey could do this if the presenters told them to do it?

Beggars the question then why are we paying someone 18 million to do what anyone could do? :wacko:

Its not like you even see them on radio. I will do it for 500,000 and i would give verbal to anyone if some monkeyspank told me to. ;)

I agree I think its the higher bods up the food chain should get kicked not the presenters - but they are stupid for thinking it was a good thing to do at the time!! :headhurt:

RX8 handles on rails and yes drinks worse than a Zed! But practical!

Other option is: (one of my faves!) Nissan Cube - cant pull skin of custard - but bags of room inside - handy for top end execs such as yourself somewhere for the briefcase and kiddy seat! :D:p

4022-1.jpg

Other option is: (one of my faves!) Nissan Cube - cant pull skin of custard - but bags of room inside - handy for top end execs such as yourself somewhere for the briefcase and kiddy seat! :D:p

4022-1.jpg

But looks gayer than a Fiat 500!

the presenters did it because they were asked too. Its a call that producers make and then the execs to decide if it will break ofcom rules, which it did, any idiot could see it would cause a problem, so they should be punished, not the presenters who are contracted to do what the producers tell them too.

So basically any monkey could do this if the presenters told them to do it?

Beggars the question then why are we paying someone 18 million to do what anyone could do? :wacko:

Its not like you even see them on radio. I will do it for 500,000 and i would give verbal to anyone if some monkeyspank told me to. ;)

No and you know that is not the case, to be a presenter you need something that people find interesting and makes you want to watch them, or just have a big personality, such as the two here. However a show is decided by producers not always presenters, unless they are writers also, which for this piece they were not. They both usually write their own material but this was a stunt decided by producers. :thumbs:

4022-1.jpg

But looks gayer than a Fiat 500!

Agree :surrender:

ha ha ha so all the people in Japan are obviously gay? Crickey thats a whole lotta of gays! :lol:

Ah go for it you know you want one! :p

Anyway back on topic - hope job is everything you want it to be mix with the celebs etc etc ...bit like on this forum! :lol:

Well Done Louis :yahoo: ... I like the Fiat 500... although I sat in one with a sunroof and I didn't fit in it.
This is what i need to find out on the weekend. If i dont fit, then im not getting it as commuting will be a nightmare.

I was thinking of one of these though

audi-s5.jpgB)

Congratulations here too mate, i know the feeling i just got a new job, start 24/11/08 :)

Have you thought about the arbarth Fiat 500?

fiat-500-1.jpg

fiat-500-2.jpg

fiat-500-3.jpg

fiat-500-4.jpg

500_Abarth_Opening_Edition_105165_20080710.jpg

fiat16.jpg

Looks particularly nice inside, and still Economical, with a fair turn of speed!

SPECIFICATIONS

Model: Fiat Abarth 500

Price: estimated at £13,500, on sale in January 2009

Engine: 1368cc 4 cylinder petrol, 16 valves, 135bhp at 5500rpm, 152lb ft at 3000rpm

Transmission: five-speed manual, front engine, front-wheel drive

Performance: 127mph, 0-62mph in 7.9sec, 43.4mpg official average

C02: 155g/km

From talking to Jay last night, this was a thought, however it goes against the plans for a cheaper run around with great economy, then get a second fun car down the line. It also means that when Sarah can afford a car, she can buy this one and i can get a nice 2 seater ;)