2300 miles in 12 months, is it worth keeping ??

lomoto

Other than the jockland hoon, mine does about 50 miles each weekend, just went over 1K non-hoon miles since i got it at the end of july.

Damn it man not you as well - look park mine in your garage for a few weeks and I will use your shiny red number for work - soon build up your miles for you - needs a good gentle run-in on motorways!! ;):lol:

Like Tim mine is a Toy, never used in the winter and now just over 3 years old and still only 13k on the clock. :blush:

:boxing::rant::surrender:

Sorry Stan but thats the way it is, i have no need for it on weekdays ;) Unless i am off and its sunny and warm. I am trying to keep it as mint as possible. You never know like Tim said it may one day be a classic. ;)

Lucky buggers! :D Well enjoy all that waxing and washing etc etc - although I think you need to be careful more with washing machines though Beavis (Doh sorry could'nt resist!) :p

Just make sure you take the little fella out once in a while? Like most cars they dont like to be kept asleep too long - things seize up easily! :lol:

Who's Lucky ? :lol: I get to drive mine everyday. Now that's lucky :thumbs: Sod that weekend business...that's for aerial atoms !

To be honest it would drive me crazy having the zed sleeping in a garage 5 days a week.

Who's Lucky ? :lol: I get to drive mine everyday. Now that's lucky :thumbs: Sod that weekend business...that's for aerial atoms !

To be honest it would drive me crazy having the zed sleeping in a garage 5 days a week.

Agree 100%. Much preferred it when I drove mine everyday. :)

Yes Bronzee we are very passionate about Zeds and about road tax and fuel bills and clicking axles and duff Nissan dealers!! :lol::lol:

Lol, no different here, well maybe our insurance is a bit cheaper & a bit more lenient allowing more extensive mods, but that's it.

Great to see you're keeping the Zed Tim. :teeth:

Would drive me crazy having the car sitting on a filthy dirty car park for 12 hours a day(4 DAYS ON 4 DAYS OFF) where it is very dusty when dry and very muddy when wet, and with the threat of acid droplets dropping from the chimney stacks where i work that have damaged many a paint job over the years ;)

Would be madness to do that as i live about 3.5 miles from work, and not forgetting i had one car crushed by a 38 tonner at my place of work. :scare: Sorry no brainer for me quite happy to use a shed for work and the zed for pleasure. ;)

I agree it would be nice to use the zed every day but only if conditions allow in my case not, also hardly worth bothering for a 3.5 mile drive. Engine would never get properly warmed up either. All of our circumstances and requirements are different ;)

Yes everyones situation is different.

Like squarehead I am lucky to use mine everyday but that was the intention from purchase. Only worry is it is being hammered a lot quicker due to my high miles so I try to use the van a bit more now. Down side is like you guys have said - when I see the Zed parked up and I am using my van I think why am I paying all this money for it and have it sat on the drive? :surrender:

Would drive me crazy having the car sitting on a filthy dirty car park for 12 hours a day(4 DAYS ON 4 DAYS OFF) where it is very dusty when dry and very muddy when wet, and with the threat of acid droplets dropping from the chimney stacks where i work that have damaged many a paint job over the years ;)

Would be madness to do that as i live about 3.5 miles from work, and not forgetting i had one car crushed by a 38 tonner at my place of work. :scare: Sorry no brainer for me quite happy to use a shed for work and the zed for pleasure. ;)

I agree it would be nice to use the zed every day but only if conditions allow in my case not, also hardly worth bothering for a 3.5 mile drive. Engine would never get properly warmed up either. All of our circumstances and requirements are different ;)

Like squarehead and Stan, I love using mine every day, passing all those boring sods in their oil burners looking bored as hell. But I have to say, if I worked where you did Beavis, I sure as hell wouldnt take my Zed there either :headhurt:

Pros and cons.... I would love to use as ours as an everyday car, but working in town = no parking (unless you want to pay something silly like £12 per day) = public transport for me :yuck:

Wary of even using it to go to shops/supermarket/cinema etc because I have had bad experiences with the dreaded 'car park dents' - why is it that no matter where you park, in the furthest quietest corner, some bugger ALWAYS parks right next to you!!! :angry: Okay, going off topic into a rant there! lol

when I see the Zed parked up and I am using my van I think why am I paying all this money for it and have it sat on the drive? :surrender:

Don't know Stan you tell us? What do i do, i love the zed but do i not buy one because i might not use it every day? Or do i leave the money in some bank that may lose it? ;)

when I see the Zed parked up and I am using my van I think why am I paying all this money for it and have it sat on the drive? :surrender:

Don't know Stan you tell us? What do i do, i love the zed but do i not buy one because i might not use it every day? Or do i leave the money in some bank that may lose it? ;)

Well like I said its a different situation for everybody? If I had to park my car in a place that I would consider dangerous to its health such as yours mate then I agree I would'nt risk it for the same reasons but use it the rest of the time every chance I got? On the other hand I hate the fact that I am already 3 services down the line in less than 12 month of ownership and fresh set of tyres, but as we all know the way it puts a grin on your chops when you drive it!

I suppose your chops have an even bigger grin when you drive it at weekends! Forget the money aspect just enjoy it?

I have decided not to use the Zed but the van on weekends now unless its a special trip. Its great as nobody parks next to it and nobody cares if you decide to do a 360 in the middle of the road for no reason - they expect it !! :lol:

I'd love to use mine everyday but the company I work for wont pay the fuel bills for it - so i use a Vectra that goes anywhere & im happy to leave it anywhere.

I always found that when I used the same car everyday I got bored of them quickly, 2 Years & 8k Miles & I still grin whenever I drive it :teeth:

I always found that when I used the same car everyday I got bored of them quickly, 2 Years & 8k Miles & I still grin whenever I drive it :teeth:

+1 :thumbs:

That just means you get to buy a new car more frequently :teeth:

Yep Thats quite correct , I think I have bought 6 other cars since I have had my Zed :lol: