Hitting the limiter - how often?

speedball

Managed to hit the limiter yesterday and was really disappointed that I wasn't able to go further because it felt really solid, very very impressed at this speed

Has anyone else managed to hit it??? Its ok btw I have a test track near me called the M5

Happens to me (or by me) occasionally - usually in 2nd (once in 3rd!).

Irritates me that I've done it - should be paying more attention, but as you say, it still revving freely and I just need to complete my manouevre!

(FYI mines a GT4, redlines at 7000rpm, warning light set to 7000 so it starts flashing at 6500...)

Guest prescience
WoREod, think speedball hit the top speed limiter (155mph ish)

That passed me by too - so I don't drive regularly at 155mph ;)

Never hit 120!!! I must be such a **** when I drive then cause I always go way over that, its just a matter of time before I lose my licence I guess, ah well have fun doing it though. And I don't do it down teh high street, always going to kill myself and only myself

Not had chance to get anywhere near this yet with where I have been driving...

Just wondering, how is the car at these speeds, suppose more interested in cars with standard aero packages. Just wondering as the dealer mentioned that it gets a bit light at the back end well above a ton? :huh:

Haven't hit top end, closest was an indicated 142 before having to back off due to coming towards some traffice and felt well solid, not light at the back at all. Mine's completely standard, bar some "aerodynamic" kerbing of the wheels etc!!! :D

Not had chance to get anywhere near this yet with where I have been driving...

Just wondering, how is the car at these speeds, suppose more interested in cars with standard aero packages. Just wondering as the dealer mentioned that it gets a bit light at the back end well above a ton? :huh:

the dealer was talking out of his arris. I've done quite a few 130+ runs with no ill feeling, in fact this is mostly done on the autoroute to belgium from Calais, the last time it was pissing it down and it was solid

I've done just over 140 in mine and it does feel a bit light, but mines a roadster and I have the speed racing kit and no rear spoiler (unlike the coupe') so the dynamics are completely different. I don't feel that comfortable going any faster in it, too light for my liking.

I got the Nismo kit and it feels as solid as a rock and I'm desperate to get this UTEC now to get it removed, want to beat personal record of 159, 165+ I think should be doable with enough road

Do you think that the kit would make much difference? I'm always sceptical about these things and really only considered them to be purely for aesthetics (sp?)

not too sure bodykits make that much aerodynamics difference tbh :)

Speedball you in 100% for the UTEC then?? I have some very good news which I'll post later on about the price... :teeth: thanks to our Italian friends :)