P3 or L3 service ???

neo

my Z is coming up to it's 4 year service, it'll be a P3.

whats the difference between a P3 or L3 service(if there is such a thing),did a search on here but didn't shed much light ???

HELP :teeth:

What about spark plugs? thought they were done on a P3?

Nope, spark plugs are an additional service item at additional cost, every 5 years or 54,000 miles (as is coolant and brake fluid change as well at differing times).

The only difference listed in the service schedule (pages 18 and 19 of the service booklet) between a P2 and a P3 is 15. LSD Gear Oil (except viscous coupling type) P2=Inspect, P3=Replace, and the 350 has the viscous couping type which therefore doesn't need replacing.

Everything else is identical and therefore Nissan are ripping us off charging extra for a P3 over a P2. I'd like to see someone at Nissan explain why they charge more for a P3.....

The difference between an Lx and Px service was explained to me as the Px service is for when it is in warrenty and they hook it up to the Consult software to read error codes and faults, and Lx they dont bother. Apparently if you go for an Lx serivce in warrenty it breaks the warrenty as you have to hook it up to Consult as part of the agreement. Nissan Slough explained this to me and said its basically Nissan ripping us and the dealer off as they have to pay to use it, and you only really need to do that then the CEL light is on. Thats why their prices seem so competitive out of warrenty.

As for the P2/P3 diff, I agree there isnt one. I had mine done a while back at Nissan Basingstoke before I knew any better. Now I would be asking why there is a difference in price when they do the same stuff!

Funny a certain dealer told me that the cost involved in servicing a Zed is exatly the same as for a common or garden Micra - but the Marketing bods at Nissan Uk said that it would devalue the Zed's status as a flagship car etc and hence they have upped the price - strange how the dealers dont drop the price of the service then to £100!! :rant:

been quoted £298.90 all in, their oil etc, hope it was that and not £398.90 (too much background noise at work) suppose i could get it cheaper else where but then there's the time and petrol expense to factor in :blush:

also it's now outta warranty so i guess i could take it to any garage but then again it is my baby after all :lol: