2005 Veilside 350Z - CHEAP, QUICK SALE NEEDED! £14,500!!!

Z Boy

Hey guys, it's me! B)

I knew this thread would be dug back up now lol. The story is, when I sold it (for £14,500!!!) he said he would give me first dibs when he came to sell it. He rung me up the other day and told me it's going so I said I am very interested and would check my finances and see if I could scrape some cash together to get her back. After some exchanging of calls/texts I asked him what he was going to let it go for, assuming it'd be a couple of grand cheaper since I sold it 6 months ago, as obviously it's now an older car, out of warranty, with more mileage on it and it still hasn't had a service! :wacko:

Well when he said around 16k I was like urmmm okay, and just thought it was a bit cheeky asking another £1,500 on top of what I sold it for, then I see the ad on pistonheads for £17,500 LOL!! Screw that. :rant:

So obviously I'm not going to pay £3k over what I paid, even though I really really REALLY want her back. To be honest, fair play if he gets more than he paid, but I tried for ages to sell it and he was the only genuine buyer I got even at that price. :yuck:

I still feel sick when I think of what I paid for the car and how much I spent adding my touch and basically finishing off what Danny started, numerous trips to ESR, brand new Nismo exhausts, tonnes of carbon fiber, fancy strut braces, I even got the clicky rear axle sorted at Nissan, so after the loss I had to deal with when I sold it, I'm not really up for paying another 3k on top of what it went for.

Anyway, sorry I've not been around here for a while. Didn't think I'd really be wanted as I don't have a Z anymore :blush: but I'm back in a Nissan again now. Sold the Evo and bought an stage 1 R34 GTT, then broke it, and now I've just got an R33 GTS-T Spec 2 for a project and although I love it, I still miss my 350Z every day!

ps. not only has he taken all my pics from the original advert, he basically copy and pasted the whole lot. :snack:

Over and out.

Hi Guys. Hi Francis.

My name is Chris I now own the 350z which I bought from Franics.

As a 350z enthusiast I was sure to bump into this post.

I would just like to clear a few things up as I dont like where this going.

I am not akin to airing stuff on public forums, but I feel I must respond as the car and myself are getting the wrong attention.

When I was looking for a Z , I came across this original post. It was months long.

It was on at 15,500.

We agreed a price, which I see you have advertised to the nation.

I offered the car back to Francis for 16k. To anyone else I would have been looking for around 17,500.

I believe the car to be worth much more than this.

At the time I bought it from you, you knew you were stuck and had to sell it.

I was in two minds about buying it as I was leaving the country in about 6 months time, but we agreed a price and I bought it. Franics you whole selling point to me was that "you will definetly make money on this when you sell it" so unfortunately you cant have it both ways.

I feel you are trying to bring the car sale and myself into a bad light.

With regards to more mileage I have put 1,800 miles on it in 5 months.

The car has been pampered and look after no end!

I had the front skirt removed strengthed and totally resprayed, due to a scuff and stone chips.

The car is exactly as you left it mate.

I dont think that 1,500 over the price is too high a price to pay to get back your much loved car.

If the shoe was on the other foot I would have payed instantly if I had the cash.

Please do not be making me out as a bad guy, I am far from it!

If you had come back to me and said I cant raise 16k but I can raise x amount.

I may well have comsidered it.

But adamantly told me over the phone you could not raise the cash or even close to it

When I called you to give you first refusal.

I had some empathy for you over your situation, but now reading this I am not so sure.

If you had a problem with the price you should have called me mate, instead of going on the forums giving me a bad rap.

At the time you were more than glad I am came along and gave you the cash, as you were in dire straits.

With regards to the pics and advert mate, you sent me all those pics when I bought the car.

I think if I own the car, and you sent me the pics as a sales pitch at the time of my purchase.

I should be entitled to use them for resale. You knew the car to be worth more than the sale price and you even used as part of your sales pitch.

Listen guys I have dropped the price from £17,495 to offers over 16k.

Again Francis dont run the car or me into the ground.

Its a great car and worth much more than 16k as you well know it!

I will say it again. If you want the car call me!!

Otherwise mate, not be unkind you will have to let it go!

If you want to call me to discuss please do.

Over & Out

Not a bad guy (Chris) :)

Fair post Chris. Welcome to the forum, please don't think it's a bad place.

You can ask what you like for the car bud. The final price you get will determine what it's market value is.

It could be 'worth' 20k.... 25k even however the market value is a different thing altogether.

Best of luck with the sale and I hope it stays on this forum.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:welcome:

If it was worth more money somebody would have paid it previously, or this time around. You've also forgotten something called depreciation. If it was worth £16k-£17k 5 months ago, its not now...........

you lot are like naughty little school boys! :lol:

Yeah timewasters!! Kinda pathetic really!

Genuine Price for genuine Car.!!

Come on guys, did you not imagine that a 350z owner would be on 350 forums... jeezzz! B)

Need a genuine buyer!! Not time wasters!!

:welcome:

If it was worth more money somebody would have paid it previously, or this time around. You've also forgotten something called depreciation. If it was worth £16k-£17k 5 months ago, its not now...........

Hi Mate,

I am not really bothered tbh, I am selling it as its easier than shipping it.

As I am moving abroad, but If I dont get a fair price for I will ship it.

Who would have new this car would cause so much controversy!! :blush:

Guess we will have to see mate.

Time will tell.

I think you also need to understand since we are a 350z forum we have alot of knowledge about the car. The enquiries were not about time wasters as i know for a fact that one of the people on this foum would buy it for 15k

I think you also need to understand since we are a 350z forum we have alot of knowledge about the car. The enquiries were not about time wasters as i know for a fact that one of the people on this foum would buy it for 15k

Well mate, I will keep you posted!! If I need 15k I will give ya a shout!

Well mate, I will keep you posted!! If I need 15k I will give ya a shout!

Please do :thumbs:

Chris, if you're reading this, I am not trying to give you or the car a bad name at all.

When I sold you the car, I did ask for first dibs when you sold it, and it was a nice gesture to offer me it back when you were thinking of selling, and of course I was very interested as I missed the car a lot. But when you said you wanted 16k for it, after I sold it to you for £14.5 I was just kind of like, "yeah ok... :blink: " if I was having first dibs of getting it back I obviously wasn't going to be willing to pay more than i sold it for, 6 months and 2,000 miles later!

I have no doubt it's WORTH 16k to anyone else on this forum, but £1,500 is £1,500 and I thought it was a bit cheeky offering me it back for more than I sold it to you for. :blackeye:

Either way, I'm sure you'll get 16k for it, heck you'll probably get more for it, but if I was buying it, I'd be expecting to pay £14k for it at the best, as to me it's only worth £14.5k seeing as that's what I let it go for.

Good luck with the sale anyway Chris, I'm sorry if it looks as though I'm slagging you off, I will vouch for you now on here that you're a top guy having met you and spoken to you tonnes of times on the phone. I was just feeling a little stung having rung around and tried to pull as many strings as I could to see if I could somehow get it back and then being asked for more than I sold it for.

:)

Hi Chris as a personal opinion I don't think the car is worth 16k, 13-14k max given todays climate, but as everyone else said its worth whatever anyone is willing to pay for it. With regards to the pictures, it would be nice to see some up to date pics of the car as the ones you show are somewhat older, and whether Z boy gave you the pics or not, they still belong to him in as far as usage you should of asked permission first but he doesn't care so thats neither here nor there.

As far as running you into the ground, thats not what our intentions are, we are simply identifying that there is a person trying to make a few bucks from a previous purchase and some of us respect you for that, whether you will or not is a different question, Im just glad you are not living in a total unrealistic world and asking for 50k like some knob jockey tried to do.... ahem....

But personally 13k would be my max and thats at a real push, you could turn around and say I dont know the full works that has been done to the car, or never seen it in person, but I have, 80% of the work done to your car I was there in person. I know the history really well, and 13-14k max is the most its worth.

Good luck with the sale anyway.

Hi Chris as a personal opinion I don't think the car is worth 16k, 13-14k max given todays climate, but as everyone else said its worth whatever anyone is willing to pay for it. With regards to the pictures, it would be nice to see some up to date pics of the car as the ones you show are somewhat older, and whether Z boy gave you the pics or not, they still belong to him in as far as usage you should of asked permission first but he doesn't care so thats neither here nor there.

As far as running you into the ground, thats not what our intentions are, we are simply identifying that there is a person trying to make a few bucks from a previous purchase and some of us respect you for that, whether you will or not is a different question, Im just glad you are not living in a total unrealistic world and asking for 50k like some knob jockey tried to do.... ahem....

But personally 13k would be my max and thats at a real push, you could turn around and say I dont know the full works that has been done to the car, or never seen it in person, but I have, 80% of the work done to your car I was there in person. I know the history really well, and 13-14k max is the most its worth.

Good luck with the sale anyway.

Hi Mate,

Nice to hear from you.

Again mate it will be a case of personal opinion.

I believe this to be a great little car! probably one of the bext examples around!

Thanks to the guys who did the original work and upgrades and cared for it the way I am doing now.

I believe the car will fetch 16k or in that region, if it doesn't I am going to keep it.

With regards to the pics obviously no malice was intended.

They were nice pics and I used them. In Hind sight probably not the best idea.

Ofcourse I never suspected that the sale of this car would cause so much controversy.

I understand he is sore about the original sale and now the resale.

But hey thats the way it goes sometimes, we have all been there.

I will post some up to date pics asa I can.

All fair points. At the end of the day we're all part of the same zed community and these posts do sometimes make 'uncomfortable' reading (for me anyway). Its a different story when someone is trying to sell for a ridiculous 50k or you spot a car where you know some dodgy history but I see no value in hampering a sale where the difference you're talking about is a couple of grand. Someone may very well be ecstatic to pay that to get the 2k worth of attention the car gets! - it's all a matter or right place right time and it's certainly a one off car. Just my opinion. :)

All fair points. At the end of the day we're all part of the same zed community and these posts do sometimes make 'uncomfortable' reading (for me anyway). Its a different story when someone is trying to sell for a ridiculous 50k or you spot a car where you know some dodgy history but I see no value in hampering a sale where the difference you're talking about is a couple of grand. Someone may very well be ecstatic to pay that to get the 2k worth of attention the car gets! - it's all a matter or right place right time and it's certainly a one off car. Just my opinion. :)

Very well said :thumbs: , and i suppose the main point at the end of the day is, its his car !!!

Heres a few pics I snapped this eve in my drive way.

I know they are not great photographers pics, but it will give you guys an idea of the cars still very excellent condition,

th_350zpreludefrpnt-02-04-09.jpg

th_Front-end-02-04-09.jpg

th_350zprelude-backend-02-04-0.jpg

th_fronte-side-driveway-02-04-.jpg

Let me know if these thumbs dont open..

They are opening for me this end.

Catch ya guys later. :thumbs: