hi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It laid 618whp according to my gtech pro before i left. I have put this in my talon (which was dyno'd at 527whp) and have noticed that it is +/- 3whp. Pretty accurate. Once i get home **i leave tomorrow!!!** i will be able to get it on the dyno to do the finer tuning. I'd like to stop in at AAM (it'll be on the way up from Alabama, where the car is now, to New York) and get it done there. There will definitely be many more videos once i get home. I plan on taking it to the track (there is a 1/4mi track close-by) as soon as the snow clears. I ordered slicks not too long ago, so i'll have to practice getting out from a dig.

Here is a video the first night i was running 14psi (BC set at 13.7psi):

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w54/ ... V00395.flv

^^^not sure which one works^^^

more vids to come as soon as i upload them. the internet is mad slow here.

Hi. Great looking car.

There are two drag strips within approx 2 hrs of Molesworth.

Jap car scene is big in the UK, a couple of the Jap car shows are based at some of the many race tracks within the UK (e.g. Silverstone, Donnington Park and Castle Combe). This gives you a chance to show your car and do a few laps.

There are people here who can tune your Utec

I have more (better quality) videos of some races, fly-bys, etc. but i'll wait to upload them once i get back to the states...the internet here is garbage. Speed cameras? Never had to deal with them before. That track is about the same distance from my house now. Looks like i'll be spending quite a bit for tires. Very exciting.

Speed cameras? Never had to deal with them before.

Your gonna have to get used to them im afraid. New ones are pooping up all over the place. :rant:

Oooh, your going to get veeeerrryy used to them. Although if you are just on your US licence however....... ;)

Yeah i was watching a video from a meet (i believe it's of ya'll) on youtube and some guy set off a camera in a tunnel. Yeah i just got my Alabama driver's license reinstated last week - thanks mom :D - Although i'm not sure exactly how that works because i read that i'll have to get another type of driver's license? Just out of curiousity...how severe are minor traffic violations ie speeding? I definetly don't plan on being childish anymore (5 month old daughter now), but always good to know such things.

Standard speeding charge is a fine and 3 points, Anything over a 100 mph and its an instant ban. One of the problems here is that you can get several hits on one journey so its possible to get banned in one day. Just take it easy to start with and you will get the hang of it.

fly-bys, etc.

Lol, that sounds like something Tere would say. But with the hp you have a fly-by would be right. ;);)

Oh, and :p you guys, nice to see a newbie getting lots of attention, that's not a female. Gee are you privileged or what. :lol::p

I think that if you get points while you are on your USA licence, they will be placed on a "ghost" licence and will carry over on to your UK one if you get one...

you will still be fined for speeding on a USA licence too of course :(

btw drink driving is taken a lot more seriously in UK (and western europe in general) than some parts of USA .. just out of interest :)