Bugga! Head light blown on JDM tonight! Help?

stanski

I know I posted a thing to replace bulbs but not had a chance to do that under controlled conditions- however its gonna be a quick change in the evening now! So want to buy the bulb tomorrow ?

Does anyone know what bulb type, wattage is fitted on JDM Fairlady Z 52 plate?

They look like Xenon types as its the top of the range model, with seperate bulbs for headlamp and full beam lamp?

Muchos thanks :surrender:

Hey Stan.

Choice of two bulbs if iirc. Although no sure fire way to know which until you get the bulb out!!

If it has hid headlights as you suggest, the bulb your require is a D2R, which the cheapest i've seen them for is £48ea from a local parts store. Nissan want over a hundred each i think!

If it is standard bulbs, you're after an H7 i believe.

As for finding out which bulb is fitted - can you compare the look of the headlight to yours when switched on? I've not really looked at the HID lights in action before, but thats probably your only option...

As for the swap... good luck - the nights are drawing in now, and i dont think i'd have enough time for a bumper off job by the time i get home from work!

Have I missed something fundmental here, Stan? Have you got a second Zed?

I belive he may be referring to his lady friend! :hug:

Bloody hell, I am behind on the gossip! Anyone I know?

Missed this too, come on Stan who? ;)

Got a spare Zed in the garage next to the Beetle! :p

Hey this is'nt 'Ow doo' magazine or Chav telly, I would prefer to keep my private life ...erm... private please gents - thanks :)

No probs, Stan. Subject closed. :)