insane economic climate - please help with your opinions!!

ok guys, i think everyone will agree with me that the current climate economically and financiallly is insane. fuel prices, road taxes, government bail outs etc, i can go on and on.

right, let me get to the point. was looking to hopefully buying a zed around xmas or new year time dependent on a couple of personal circumstances. anyway, was looking to pick up a 06 onwards black gt pack zed with around 15k max on the clock.

but now, there are two things that concern me. having just heard about nissan stopping the production of 350z when bringing out the 370z, would this reduce the price of 350z even more (how much have zed prices come down since the credit crunch kicked in?)? so should longer until the 370z is out before buying?

I think now is the time to buy to be honest...

I would be suprised if zed prices dropped significantly more than they already have done.

I bought an e46 bmw in 2006 just before the new shape coupe came out. I was expecting prices to reflect this a few months on but they didnt really. I think the potential owners of a £12-16k second hand zed are an entirely different market to those looking for a 370z.

Also, with the current state of the world, i would question whether the economic problems will remain this severe... and if they dont the prices of the 350z could possibly rise slightly as consumer confidence returns?

Sod it, just get it bought!

I think now is the time to buy to be honest...

I would be suprised if zed prices dropped significantly more than they already have done.

I bought an e46 bmw in 2006 just before the new shape coupe came out. I was expecting prices to reflect this a few months on but they didnt really. I think the potential owners of a £12-16k second hand zed are an entirely different market to those looking for a 370z.

Also, with the current state of the world, i would question whether the economic problems will remain this severe... and if they dont the prices of the 350z could possibly rise slightly as consumer confidence returns?

Sod it, just get it bought!

i hear what your saying and believe me i'm tempted. this is the car that i want, but just it's still a big decision so have a couple of other back up plans. not sure how long will keep this either so it's got to be factored in. and it's interesting the point you made that maybe prices will go up again. but have the prices actually gone down at the moment? like how much should i expect to pay for a 06 reg onwards, black Gt pack, with max 15k on the clock?

thanks

Hi bud,

Moved you to the intro section so you appteciate one part of ownership that you may not have considered. This place :D

There are a lot of external issues affecting the prices at the moment and a good selection of bargains out there.

Its one hell of a car and a buyers market.

Feel free to post up any cars that you asre looking at and we will give you an opinion.

I would say over the last 6 months prices have taken as big a hit as they ever would - i paid £13k for my import 03 plate with 35k on the clock, but its now probably worth about £8.5k :scare:

This time last year the cheapest UK models were about £15.5k, but i think they're as low as £11k now...

I couldn't tell you the prices for what you're after as i've only been looking at the bottom line really.

...as for how long you plan to keep it, i thought i'd be the same - i'd never kept any car more than 11 months before, but i can see myself keeping the zed for another couple of years yet!

Hi bud,

Moved you to the intro section so you appteciate one part of ownership that you may not have considered. This place :D

There are a lot of external issues affecting the prices at the moment and a good selection of bargains out there.

Its one hell of a car and a buyers market.

Feel free to post up any cars that you asre looking at and we will give you an opinion.

cheers mate!

thank you for your comments. will definately keep them in mind. have only really been looking off the nissan website as was thinking of getting of an approved one, but not really sure what that really means in terms of guarantees mechanically. not too hot on the mechanics myself and just want to guard myself getting one that has engine problems due to being thrashed around too much. mileage i guess is an indicator but at the end of the day still tells me very little

Just get the best condition one you can. Nissan warranty is 3 years. The dealer network is very mixed. Some decent dealers but most are awful. There are very few mechanical problems generally on these cars so not too much to worry about.

Just found this thread - im not saying the car is for you but this perfectly illustrates the price drop at the moment :scare:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12721&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

yes, i saw this, have no idea why this isnt selling. it's at a crazy price now though. didnt look too much into the actual car as i am looking for a newer version.

Just get the best condition one you can. Nissan warranty is 3 years. The dealer network is very mixed. Some decent dealers but most are awful. There are very few mechanical problems generally on these cars so not too much to worry about.

that's pretty reassuring about the mechanical problems. just saw this on here as well:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16905

this looks perfect for around xmas time for me. what do people think?

cheers guys

Prices of these cars and every other used car are falling rapidly. Big engined cars that use loads of fuel and fall into the £400 a year tax bracket will suffer for a long time to come.

My one bit of advice is, if your not going to keep the car for at the very least 12-18 months, don't buy one. Marzman stated above that he has probably lost about £5k in only a few months, so if you think you may need to get out of it quick, don't think you'll do so without losing a chunk of cash.

Prices of these cars and every other used car are falling rapidly. Big engined cars that use loads of fuel and fall into the £400 a year tax bracket will suffer for a long time to come.

My one bit of advice is, if your not going to keep the car for at the very least 12-18 months, don't buy one. Marzman stated above that he has probably lost about £5k in only a few months, so if you think you may need to get out of it quick, don't think you'll do so without losing a chunk of cash.

Well, 1 yr next week, and 18k miles. But yes, i agree.

:welcome: Hi :thumbs:

I understand your worries - but we are all in the same boat - I heard about the 370Z before I was buying mine and yes 350Z can be costly to run (but my personal situation is high miles to work ) but even so its the best thing I ever did.

If we worried about the superceding models appearing on the horizon we would never buy any cars -its just the way it is - just enjoy yourself - buy the best you can afford have fun with this loony club, (Zed's much more fun with this lot :lol: )

I dont intend to get rid of mine (if I can help it) and I dont want to think about how much its depreciated since March but as others have said its a long term friendship with a Zed!

Good luck with your search and we are here to help ;)

:welcome: Hi :thumbs:

I understand your worries - but we are all in the same boat - I heard about the 370Z before I was buying mine and yes 350Z can be costly to run (but my personal situation is high miles to work ) but even so its the best thing I ever did.

If we worried about the superceding models appearing on the horizon we would never buy any cars -its just the way it is - just enjoy yourself - buy the best you can afford have fun with this loony club, (Zed's much more fun with this lot :lol: )

I dont intend to get rid of mine (if I can help it) and I dont want to think about how much its depreciated since March but as others have said its a long term friendship with a Zed!

Good luck with your search and we are here to help ;)

very true mate, life is too short to worry about whats always coming around the corner. definitely hope to get one soon. just saw an awesome deal in the for sale section here. the veilside. just a shame it's come a month too early. slightly short. gutted.

anyone else seen the car i'm talking about?

hi guys, i've just decided that most of you are right and that life is too short and i should go for one. i think i've spotted one on this site. just want to see what you guys think.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17074

personally i think it's great for the price. but just wanted to know how to factor in the things like the mods and also it's something i want to keep for a while, so is 30k on the clock alot? thanks guys, hope you can give some input.

To be honest, if you like the mods then bite Francis' hand off for that car. It has had a lot of cash spent on it and is pretty cool.

I wouldn't waste any time on it either!

when you say you wouldnt waste time on it, does it mean you wouldn't touch it?

I think he means its an amazing deal, so you'd better act quickly if you want it :thumbs:

To be honest, if you like the mods then bite Francis' hand off for that car. It has had a lot of cash spent on it and is pretty cool.

I wouldn't waste any time on it either!

when you say you wouldnt waste time on it, does it mean you wouldn't touch it?

I think he means its an amazing deal, so you'd better act quickly if you want it :thumbs:

At that price its a bargain. It should have sold by now.