The Jockland Hoon 2009

Stew

Amanda would like to request that we stay here http://www.lodgesonlochness.com/index.htm B):teeth:

Good call, I'll take one with a hot tub :teeth:

I think they all have one (well 3 bed ones) :thumbs:

In all seriousness, what level of accomodation are people expecting? As this is mine and Amandas main holiday this year (other than maybe away at Xmas for a few days), she wants something pretty decent. Dont want to split the group for those wanting to stay somewhere a little more modest, so want to know what people are looking for. Amanda doesnt mind looking for something and trying to haggle a price if we know how long each person will be staying.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be honest, anyone can stay where they want to. There is something for all budgets up there. Just have it organised before you go. I'm still not sure where I'm staying yet!

Was thinking of staying in Ullapool for a few days and doing the north bits. I know Ebized was keen to do that too. As long as I can make the Harry Potter train I'll be happy! :teeth:

Well to be honest, anyone can stay where they want to. There is something for all budgets up there. Just have it organised before you go. I'm still not sure where I'm staying yet!

Was thinking of staying in Ullapool for a few days and doing the north bits. I know Ebized was keen to do that too. As long as I can make the Harry Potter train I'll be happy! :teeth:

Amanda has 3 requests on her to do list:

1.) Harry Potter Train

2.) Loch Ness

3.) Ben Nevis :scare::surrender: (not sure the weather will be up for it!)

Amanda has 3 requests on her to do list:

1.) Harry Potter Train

2.) Loch Ness

3.) Ben Nevis :scare::surrender: (not sure the weather will be up for it!)

Well Amanda will be behind me in the queue! The train leaves from basically the base of Ben Nevis.

For Loch Ness does Amanda want to go all the way round? I was thinking of a route round it. Fort Augustus is on Loch Ness.

Ben Nevis isn't far, it's at Fort William. It was busy as hell last year as the weather was cracking.

Sounds like a plan on all fronts. Just hope the weather is up for it on Ben Nevis, its not nice if the weather closes in :thumbdown:

For Ness, I dont know what she wants to do. I think she just wants to buy a Nessie teddy :lol:

We'll have to forumalate some plans over dinner in Wales, will be a good time when we're all together :thumbs:

If you need advice about fort william, i can easily tell you about it,

the train leaves once a day, goes to mallaig and back, and you will pass my grandparents place which sits about a meter off to the right of the track, near loch eil outward bound. If your getting photos of it, get the photo of it on its way TO mallaig, as there is no turn table at that end so the steam train comes backwards down the line, tis quite funny to see.

Spent probably half my life up there and i've never done ben nevis lol, but i hadn't done a tourist bus in glasgow either till last summer.

Loch Ness is easy, its really big, quite hard to miss.

Also when in Ft Bill, if you fancy a chippy there is ben fongs, in the fort which is OK, but if you want a good chippy, Sammys out in Coal is fantastic.

the Go Karting track shut just before last summer :( i loved that place, specially after the rain. :byebye:

I think we should start in fort william, do a run out to mallaig, then onto the ferry to skye, then more roads up north. They have been resurfacing the road to mallaig the past year and making it wider (used to be single track) but it hasn't lost its twistyness last time i was up :drive1

well hope this hasn't been to strange a read,

but i'm now off to bed.

Adam

If you need advice about fort william, i can easily tell you about it,

the train leaves once a day, goes to mallaig and back, and you will pass my grandparents place which sits about a meter off to the right of the track, near loch eil outward bound. If your getting photos of it, get the photo of it on its way TO mallaig, as there is no turn table at that end so the steam train comes backwards down the line, tis quite funny to see.

Spent probably half my life up there and i've never done ben nevis lol, but i hadn't done a tourist bus in glasgow either till last summer.

Loch Ness is easy, its really big, quite hard to miss.

Also when in Ft Bill, if you fancy a chippy there is ben fongs, in the fort which is OK, but if you want a good chippy, Sammys out in Coal is fantastic.

the Go Karting track shut just before last summer :( i loved that place, specially after the rain. :byebye:

I think we should start in fort william, do a run out to mallaig, then onto the ferry to skye, then more roads up north. They have been resurfacing the road to mallaig the past year and making it wider (used to be single track) but it hasn't lost its twistyness last time i was up :drive1

well hope this hasn't been to strange a read,

but i'm now off to bed.

Adam

I'd love to do the ferry but I have concerns about ground clearance.

Oh god, please no Stew :scare::lol:

Martin, me and some mates got banned from one of the bars in Aberdeens Harbour area (rough did you say...) for doing karaoke.

It won't be me! :lol::lol:

Sounds familiar Stew, glad to see the place hasnt changed :lol:

Gis a clue then :p

I'll think about a clue for you but I'll tell you now it won't be Rod Stewart or The Proclaimers.

The secret musical guest has been briefed to learn some Lynard Skynard and Deep Purple........

That should keep Mart and Dave happy......

Any more requests? ;)