What you need to upgrade your 350z Audio System

Rob_Quads

Hi can anybody tell me if sextons is still open,I'd like to replace my head unit but when I click the links nothing is coming up,many thanks.

There are different sites using the name Sextons and they're in different regions. i.e. Sextons London and Sextons Southampton.

All the parts you're after should be available from InCarTec and Car Audio Security. Note, however, that ICT told me that they didn't have the generic steering control adapter in stock and wouldn't for a while. I'll be ordering mine (and a facia) closer to when I'll have the centre console out again.

• 2 months later...

Can i just clarify that if i am wanting to upgrade my HU and not bothered about keeping my steering wheel control (planning on swapping the wheel anyway) that the only 2 looms i need are the ICT 20-260 and ICT 20-134? Or will i need another one depending on what head unit i buy? Thanks.

You only need one loom if you are replacing the Bose for another without the steering control. The new unit usually comes with its own loom. Some are pretty much plug and play, some need a bit of wiring up, depends on the unit. :)

• 8 months later...

Hi!

I replaced my Bose HU to Pioneer AVH-X2800BT. Everything working fine except the radio. I have very weak FM signals. with the stock HU I had about 8 fm stations in my city. with the pioneer I have only 1-2. Is there anybody had the same problem? How can I fix it?

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, LootDaddy said:

Its 2018 guys, and i cant see the pictures nor links in the thread. Is it only me or is that an issue in the post itself? if anyone could help me out or let the author know this and maybe he could fix it  :)

Photobucket killed alot of the guides on this forum, CS2000 has made a new audio upgrade guide here instead though: