Grounding Kit Review

Dragun

Good morning guys,

I have recieved and fitted my grounding kit from www.groundingkits.co.uk today and wanted to do a little review for you :)

Well i was skeptical at first as usually the general rule for car modifications is stick to a brand you know and trust, but when i came across this site which supplied a 5 wire grounding kit for the 350z for £40 inc P&P i got curious.

So i purchased a red kit. The site offers i wide range of colours...

Red

Blue

Purple

Silver

Black

(If a colour you desire is not listed, contact Peter, the supplier, and he wil try his best to cater for your needs).

For this £40 kit you recieve...

* 5 high quality 8AWG grounding cables

* Gold plated battery clamp

* Cable ties and detailed fitting instructions

So a few days later the kit arrived, the quality was very good, the materials used were NOT cheap but very durable, strong metals and wires and the instructions were clear and concise. Even had a scematic of the engine bay you can folow.

Fitting the kit took me approx 30mins which was great and was very straight forward....the hardest part of it is cutting of the terminal from your negative battery wire and soldering the wire to the new O Ring supplied with the new gold plated battery clamp...soldering is advised for better connection...but not essential...even this is easy to do.

SO...the moment of truth....i fired the Z up and i noticed an instant improvement!! The engine sounded more constant, and once warm the Z idled beautifully.....on turning the DVD player up to max volume the Voltmeter did not budge! I took it for a test run and theres a subbtle difference in throttle response....not major and dont expect a dramatic difference....but i could tell that is was better....and for £40 i think this is one of the best mods you can buy!!

What i love about this kit is the fact that you get a new battery terminal.....most other well known kits only contain the wires.....when the battery is what carries most the feed, the new terminal is what really makes this kit work.

All i can say is BUY ONE!! you will not be dissapointed, its much cheaper than other kits, but does exactly the same thing....also the gold battery terminal looks sexy

:yahoo:

Enjoy the pics :p

RedAllGold.jpg

P130908_1053.jpg

P130908_105102.jpg

P130908_105201.jpg

P130908_105301.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pictues, it looks much brighter in real life :thumbs:

Guest prescience
Worked for me, def improvement, i think depends how well your car is grounded from the factory as to what difference you see

+1 - it's never gonna be a tearing up trees type improvement nor an Emperor's clothes :)

• 5 months later...

Well, after getting my new Zed a few weeks back now, I've got around to doing my 1st mod - installing the grounding kit (same one as mentioned on this thread).

I have to say I've noticed a definite improvement - smoother idle and acceleration, low-rev driving is less snatchy and its easier to hustle the old girl around town now.

Definitely worth the £40 and Sunday afternoon in the sun fitting it!

Next on the list is sorting out the soundproofing... and the big scratch on the front spoiler which I managed to pick up driving out of Swindon railway carpark! :rant:

On my last Zed I managed to bump the front and back within a week of buying her, I suppose it stood to reason I'd do something stupid with this one but why did it have to be on the Nismo kit - ARGH! :bang:

Grounding kits are always a bit hit and miss. It depends on how good the original grounding is in your particular car. Some have good std grounding and the kit does sod all, some have pants grounding so the kit makes a decent difference, most have reasonable grounding, so it makes it a little smoother, but not a lot :)

Mine smoothed the idle out and that was about it.

I soldered mine - not the best job in the world (i've not soldered anything since GCSE technology class :blush:

Dirty great big pliers to half-crimp it into place and then a load of bog-standard solder as best as I could get it in the connector. Seems to work ok?

i hate crimps,

much rather solder it, as it makes it a more permenant job, and less likely to pull out. the cable will snap before a solder gives way if done properly.

but thats just my opinion. i teach electronics but i'm no expert, a sparky may have other opinions on it

i'd go with what stew says,

i only work with tiddy tiny circuit boards, and i only teach it up to key stage 3 (year 9) not my favourite subject, hate it with a passion, don't mind doing my own stuff, but get board of the projects. much prefer my metal work and wood work :teeth:

i hate crimps,

much rather solder it, as it makes it a more permenant job, and less likely to pull out. the cable will snap before a solder gives way if done properly.

but thats just my opinion. i teach electronics but i'm no expert, a sparky may have other opinions on it

I am a sparky ;) No way will you pull one of my crimps off, much neater than solder too. ;)

Like you say soldering is fine on small cables used for electronics, but here we are talking about 25mm multi strand tri-rated cable. :)