Shell Optimax

jim

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I wondered if anyone else had come across this. I was told at my local Shell station yesterday that they had been banned from selling Optimax for at least the next week - mentioned something about additives causing problems with Subaru engines! :huh:

mentioned something about additives causing problems with Subaru engines! :huh:

Jeez, glad I sold mine :teeth:

Although it's probably more to do with the fact that the JDM's are designed for 100RON as a minimum, so even sloptimax doesn't quite fit the bill.

This coupled with the fact that most owners want to max it out all of the time has led to a *huge* number of engine failures... :scare:

Subaru's... :surrender::D *

*Having said that, my Scooby innterior (although as cheap as chips) was nowhere near as rattly as the Zed :thumbs:

Have had this email back from Shell.

Thank you for your recent email regarding Shell Optimax.

I can confirm that Shell UK do not have any plans to withdraw Shell Optimax from its filling stations. We have received no quality issues or complaints regarding this type of fuel.

Shell Optimax is specially designed to clean your engine as you drive. It helps remove deposits on inlet valves and ensure fuel injector nozzles are kept in tip-top condition. This is one of the reasons Shell Optimax can begin to improve your vehicle’s responsiveness from the moment you use it.

I hope that this answers your questions.

Kind Regards