amir khan - that went well

neo

a career finished before it started :(

There are so many good fighters at lightweight ATM that IMO it's a blessing

Yep.

He took two decent punches and was KO'd.

Typical british media building him up to be something its not. they do the same with the England football team. They would admit that we are rubbish if it didn't sell loads of papers etc. :dry:

i dont think his career is finished....maybe its the wake up call he's needed.. he's had so much hype and has been fighting absolute nobodies.....hopefully he'll train harder and pick himself back up...with some hope he'll come back a better boxer

:D

-ho

ps... i did laugh kanny hard when i saw his legs wobble....

Nah. Just seeing those legs wobble within 20 secs showed, to me at least, that he'll never be more than a British Championionship level fighter......He looked like he was a schoolkid fighting the school bully and getting battered...... :lol:

Guy at work said he would be World Champion in less than 15 figths (won me a tenner). Was always worried about his defence but must admit that this guy is one hell of a puncher. Looked a very good boxer as well. Will probably turn out to be a special champion & then we will realise what Khan lost to.

Guy at work said he would be World Champion in less than 15 figths (won me a tenner). Was always worried about his defence but must admit that this guy is one hell of a puncher. Looked a very good boxer as well. Will probably turn out to be a special champion & then we will realise what Khan lost to.

+1 I think the Khan camp were making a very big leap with this fight. Prescott was undefeated, 19 wins with 17 KO's so he was no mug, as he proved.......... :boxing::blush:

Come on lads, lets try and not be too British and support someone for once!

He was outclassed but he is only 21 (I think). He needed taking down so he knows he's not invincible. Now he'll train knowing he can't just dance about expecting all fights to be easy! He will def be better for this. :)

He was outclassed but he is only 21 (I think). He needed taking down so he knows he's not invincible. Now he'll train knowing he can't just dance about expecting all fights to be easy! He will def be better for this. :)

I disagree slightly, I think its being too British that has built up unrealistic expectations on Khan's shoulders. He's a young lad and a decent boxer it just annoys me that the media hype him up, especially Sky so they can charge £15 a pop to see his fights, even when he's at the very start of his career and unproven. Its similar with the football team. Every competion were always about 6/1 and 4th or 5th favourites? Why? We've not won anything for nearly 50 years and not looked like winning anything since.

Without all the media hype, we would of been watching the fight last night hoping he won, not expecting it because Sky tell us he's ace and therefore worth £15 from each of us. :rant:

Rant over :lol:

I disagree slightly, I think its being too British that has built up unrealistic expectations on Khan's shoulders. He's a young lad and a decent boxer it just annoys me that the media hype him up, especially Sky so they can charge £15 a pop to see his fights, even when he's at the very start of his career and unproven. Its similar with the football team. Every competion were always about 6/1 and 4th or 5th favourites? Why? We've not won anything for nearly 50 years and not looked like winning anything since.

Without all the media hype, we would of been watching the fight last night hoping he won, not expecting it because Sky tell us he's ace and therefore worth £15 from each of us. :rant:

Rant over :lol:

I agree but then that's why I ignore media hype before anything. You take football for example. They don't let us down, they re just crap and we should expect that. Until a manager really mixes it up that won't change.

You take someone like Khan, he is over hyped but that doesn't mean it's acceptable for him to be torn to shreds when he fails. He actually got booed on the way out last night - what a joke. He hasn't done much wrong, he got outclassed and has to deal with it and train harder. It doesn't really help him to wake up to pages worth of, "give up you're crap".

If Rocky had taken that attitude after losing to Clubber Lang, he'd have never ended Rocky 3 a winner! :lol: