What the @$#% is going on???

SwissZ

How come you have to have bloody Setanta or whatever the hell its called to watch a soddin England game????

If it's not on the beeb which I get in Switz via cable then I'd usually nip to a pub in Zurich that has Sky.... but nooooo now you need Setanta!

Switzerland, Germany, France etc etc all show the games on a free view channel, why can't England do that?? It's supposed to be the national team after all!

Rant over... off to find somewhere in the internet that'll be streaming it tomorrow.

Hope it's worth watching them this time.... :wacko:

This whole Sultana thing is doing my head in - as if £45 a month isn't enough for TV on top of a TV licence!

Incidentally, major competition finals are protected by law, just a shame the qualifying rounds and friendlies aren't. :dry:

I actually like it.

Its better than when the PPV footy was on PremPlus. That cost £90 a year. On Setanta you get loads of the big fights like Calzaghe and loads of other sports that are worth watching.

:)

+1

I actually like it.

Its better than when the PPV footy was on PremPlus. That cost £90 a year. On Setanta you get loads of the big fights like Calzaghe and loads of other sports that are worth watching.

It only cost £35-£50 if you bought it before the season starts, which is a lot cheaper than the Setanta subscription..... ;)

I actually like it.

It only cost £35-£50 if you bought it before the season starts, which is a lot cheaper than the Setanta subscription..... ;)

But you get a lot more than just premiership games with setanta. My setanta was recently reduced to £7 a month after I phoned them to cancel ;)

I actually like it.

But you get a lot more than just premiership games with setanta. My setanta was recently reduced to £7 a month after I phoned them to cancel ;)

Mines only £7 too ;)

Don't forget you get two Setanta channels which show a lot of good stuff like the golf tournaments, tennis, UFC etc. I'm not saying its not slightly more than PremPlus but in my opinion you get a lot more value for money from Setanta. Plus there's no contract so you can cancel if you really wish. :)

The trouble I have with Setanta is that the whole reason they ended up with the England and Premiership games is that the European Commission decided that Sky having all the games was too close to a monopoly, and they don't like those so ordered them to split the packages up. Now, instead of just paying for Sky and getting all the England games included, I have to pay more monies instead.

Nice one EU busybodies, that worked out really well :rant:

And the rant continues.....

Would you believe the German free to everyone channel ZDF are even showing the England match tonight!!!!! Well, they're showing the second half because the bloody Germans are playing against Finland during the first half, but still!!! :rant:

Anyway.. off to find me a stream of the first half somewhere on the good old internet and flicking over to ZDF for the second half... I hate the FA and Shitanta!

:angry:

http://streamwebtown.com/cora1

Drop that into your favourite media player and watch the game for gratis. There are better streams, but this one works and appears to be pretty stable right now.

Spot on mate! Streaming as I type. Saved me loads of time going through the various links. If you're ever in Switzerland, drop in and I'll buy you a pint! :)

Cheers

Mark

*takes note* :lol:

You won't be thanking me when we lose :p

:lol: the link gave up 2 mins before the match started! Ended up watching it on a link that had iraqgoals.com in the bottom left of the window and streamed by justin.tv! Gotta love the internet :lol:

Off to watch the 2nd half on German TV now. :wacko: Be happy if the score stays the same!