Time to turn your 350z calender over ;)

P15UL T

was that for one of the magazines?

the car looks brilliant but the photograph is flawed quite a lot from a photographers point of view!!

still waiting on that pm!

:lol: no just good old me with my 10mega pixel camera, my nos is getting fitted on friday and then the car will be going back in to get the stereo install finished and then it will be ready for you to work some of your own magic on it :thumbs:

...what do you mean flawed :rant: what have i done wrong that i could fix in the future....bear in mind that it was pouring from the heavens that day :blush:

meangreen-1.jpg

Crop was all it needed - car looks very cool - I like that front bumper a lot!

Cropping pushes those windmills further into the background instead of taking up more space than the foreground car. It also fixes the 50% curse when the image is divided exactly in two - it makes it look like 2 photos, one of the windfarm, one of the mountainside ... with the actual subject appearing as if it was trying to escape the frame. Earlier it looked like you were split between it being a photo of the windfarm or a photo of the car -- definitely the car is more interesting, though the windmills are a great background.

There is one simple composition trick that if you followed it religiously 90% of all your photos will look good straightaway - divide the image into 3rds horizontally and vertically like a game of tic-tac-toe (some cameras have these lines as an option on their displays) then when you're framing the shot make sure that two of the intersections always have something interesting in them. In the one above your headlight and door handle just about hit the lower two points.

There's loads of other rules about breaking the edge of frame and whatnot but I can never remember them - better to either get a good book or develop your own way by taking hundreds of photos and critically evaluating them ... which even if you get a good book you'll have to do anyway!

Oh, but there is one golden rule, which you have followed but gets lost a lot, particularly with digital cameras. It's that the fewer photos you select from a group the better. 5 perfect snaps on their own beats 5 hidden away among 20 less amazing ones. Especially on the web. Especially when you can take millions for the same price as 1. Fewer pictures means people look at them instead of having to work and skim past. The internet has decreased peoples attention span not improved it. If you look at my "Black is not a colour" thread you'll see I've failed to follow this advice ! I should have picked just the two standout ones.

If I had taken this picture I'd maybe have tried to arrange it so the lines on the hill framed the car more carefully ... but that would probably have been over-thinking it, as it is you have a sort of subliminal airflow effect going on from the path and the wall, which works for me.

The reflection of the sun/cloud really helps the car stand out (it is, after all, green on green in overcast sky, everything helps). It's a very nice photo.

Raining ? Didn't you get the memo about suffering for your art ! :lol:

sorry jonb, but i prefer the original over the crop.

the car is definitely the subject matter, there is no doubting that, but cutting the background matter in this case the windmills in half makes the windmill stand out more as you look at them and go "what the hell is that big white stick" since you can't see the spinning bit.

The original composition was fine and interesting, it did run close enough to the rule of 3rds,

and the horizon rule. pfft thats meant to be broken!

heres my quick edit to make it stronger.

touchedup1-1copy.jpg

i'll be first to admit i went a bit ott on the sky.