Polished Rim Scuffs

Hi Everyone, been viewing on this site for ages and I thought it was time to share and absorb some of the collective experiences on here!

I have recently become the proud owner of a MY08 Z and having seen the rims on Zedrush's car I had to get them (sorry to copy dude but they were so nice) only problem is first day I got them I misjudged how much wider they are than my standard rims and have scuffed them.

Does anyone know any mobile or local (Ilford area in Essex) alloy repair places that can do the polished rim bit on my beautiful Volks GTS!

Thanks in advance and also for all the good posts on here that have shaped how I have purchased and since fitted parts to my car!

Lepsons mate....spot on for quality and service....they are based near Gillingham in Kent so not a million miles from you....01634 580 582 :thumbs:

My GT-S need sorting out soon as they have a few scrapes and been hit by the UK weather. Do you know what the rough cost is per wheel and will they take something like the GT-S apart to do something a little "different"?

Guest prescience

I hope you get sorted - I tried quite a number of highly recommended outfits to sort my SF Challenge (also polished) but with zero success. The best they could offer was a diamond cut which would probably appear dimmed and would require significant and regular attention (from myself)as a result of extra weathering to the repaired area.

Make sure you get a guarantee of what the repairers expect to deliver in terms of a repair. Damage to polished rims is not trivial to sort :(

Welcome mate.

Speak to Zedrush. I'm sure I remember he damaged his and had the lips painted with some special super bright silver paint as that was the closest they could get to the original finish. A quick search might turn it up :thumbs:

Lepsons mate....spot on for quality and service....they are based near Gillingham in Kent so not a million miles from you....01634 580 582 :thumbs:

My GT-S need sorting out soon as they have a few scrapes and been hit by the UK weather. Do you know what the rough cost is per wheel and will they take something like the GT-S apart to do something a little "different"?

No idea mate, sorry. Maybe worth giving them a call and seeing how far they can go :thumbs:

No idea mate, sorry. Maybe worth giving them a call and seeing how far they can go :thumbs:

Dropped them an email yesterday with photos of what I wanted... Still waiting!!