Facelift Interior Parts In Non-facelift Z ...anyone done it?

JDM Performance

I fancy changing out my '03 interior centre consol and heater controls/gear surround panels for the newer designs.

Anyone done this yet?

To order the parts from Japan I also need the Nissan part numbers... dont suppose anyone with a facelift model can contact their Nissan dealer and quiz them for the part numbers to replace theirs and give them to me to get them from Japan? :teeth:

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

I got a hold of some heater controls from a facelift model, thought I could adapt them to fit. The mounting is different on the rear, the hole for the knobs to go through is smaller so would need opening up without spoiling the finish as you would see the edge, but after I thought of ideas to get round that I found the wiring is different on the controls. Although the plug that the ribbon cable goes into is exactly the same, once plugged in the fan is constantly on full and the controls do not work, only the middle buttons. I stopped there as I did not want it to look like a botch job! Hope this has helped, I was quite dissapointed.

Wez :blush:

Hi Chris, ill check the part number for you tomorrow, the part is at work. I only got the hvac control panel that screws into the back of the gear stick surround. I work for the same company that makes them in Thailand and a work mate was over there visiting and managed to get me one, have tried contacting them for drawings etc but no replies.

The older version is easier to take to bits as its screws and clips but the new one is soldered together, a complete different setup. I have not had the time to completely desolder it and dont want to wreck it. The middle buttons (a/c, rear demist) look like they might swap ok.

I did not get any plastics to fit.

I know what you all mean about new wiring etc, i supply the speedo console to Nissan, for the QuashQai facelift its exactly the same, the Note facelift a completely new design!!!!! :yawn:

• 2 weeks later...
about £500 for a re trim. Leather and alacantara B)

I'll post the finished product when i get my finger out :teeth:

So have you had this done pal? I was sat in a queue the other day thinking about doing something similar. Will let you bite the bullet first though :teeth:

about £500 for a re trim. Leather and alacantara B)

I'll post the finished product when i get my finger out :teeth:

So have you had this done pal? I was sat in a queue the other day thinking about doing something similar. Will let you bite the bullet first though :teeth:

No not yet mate - will do soon tho and will report in full when I do :thumbs:

• 3 months later...

It's with the trimmers at the moment, and has been for a while as re-trimming the interior is not as easy as I'd hoped. Should be done mid Jan. And I also need to get some trimming done on my boat, it's annoying having all my babies vying for my attention! :teeth:

• 2 months later...