Will a TomTom XL fit in the cubby?

glastoveteran

They do fit, but not easily. Without the power lead it's fine, but with it in, and because it's located at the bottom of the unit, you need to remove the rubber mat and kind of wedge the whole thing in at a jaunty angle so it stays put, and so you can actually see it. It'll bend the crap out of the power connector itself, but the socket remains safe so that's the main thing.

Over the winter I'll be taking my centre console apart and routing the cable through that, which should eliminate any issues.

They do fit, but not easily. Without the power lead it's fine, but with it in, and because it's located at the bottom of the unit, you need to remove the rubber mat and kind of wedge the whole thing in at a jaunty angle so it stays put, and so you can actually see it. It'll bend the crap out of the power connector itself, but the socket remains safe so that's the main thing.

So does that mean it's actually the height that's more of a problem than the width?

So does that mean it's actually the height that's more of a problem than the width?

Only with the power lead attached, yes. There's tons of width either side, easy a good 15mm I reckon. Without the power connected and with the rubber mat in, it's a lovely fit height-wise.

Just a shame the XL's have such a p*ss-poor battery life compared with my old 520 :( I used to be able to run that, with a full charge, from Braintree to Colchester to Welwyn to Nottingham to Welwyn and back to Braintree again. Awesome little thing.

the XL does fit in but very well but as everyone has said when the power lead is connected it doesnt unless you just jam it in.

i too will be taking out the centre console and routing a 12v lead through.

then it should look really neat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

as everyone says tom tom one xl fits nicely without the power connection, i put mine in there sometimes but theres always a chance it'll pop out if you accelerate hard or throw the zed around a bit, you could always put some velcro along the back of the tomtom to make sure it stays in the cubby then you can still take it out for charging. Im going to put an lcd in my cubby now so itll have to live on the windscreen again. B)

Just hard wired the new widescreen Navman into mine

DSC_0997_edited-1.jpg

Fits just fine

Sats

That looks spot on. Which model Navman have you got? I think I've used a Navman at work, the power leads runs from one side, how have you got around this (if on your model Navman the lead runs from one side)?

Even when it's hardwired, I'm assuming you still need a plug coming out one side..... :headhurt: