How to tell its a real ESR exhuast?

The Hoff

I have arranged to purchase an ESR K1 exhuast next week, it there any way to tell its a genuine ESR exhuast and not a cheap chinese copy? Are there any logo stamps I should be looking for? (assuming no sales receipt)

tell us who you are buying from and we can cofirm if we sold it, probably better by PM so as not to embarras anyone.

Is there a difference? I thought someone said they were exactly the same?

Yep, someone trying to sell his non-ESR exhaust. :dry:

I agree that cosmetically Phil's looks almost identical to the ones on Ebay but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are made in the same factory, of the same grade steel with the same quality of welding etc. Only Phil can answer that one.

I agree that cosmetically Phil's looks almost identical to the ones on Ebay but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are made in the same factory, of the same grade steel with the same quality of welding etc. Only Phil can answer that one.

Can he though ? he may not know who supplies the others

Surely, if he buys an exhaust of a manufacturer/supplier he knows whether he has got exclusivity on it?

Surely, if he buys an exhaust of a manufacturer/supplier he knows whether he has got exclusivity on it?

most companies have a back door ;)

most companies have a back door ;)

Does this have any relevance, Gix? The answer must be that only an ESR exhaust is an ESR exhaust unless someone can prove differently.

tell us who you are buying from and we can cofirm if we sold it, probably better by PM so as not to embarras anyone.

Be careful Phil - Names etc are all covered by the data protection act.

He only needs to say if the seller wasn't one of his customers. No Date Protection issue with that. :)

Be careful Phil - Names etc are all covered by the data protection act.

He only needs to say if the seller wasn't one of his customers. No Date Protection issue with that. :)

true - say nothing and he knows its all good lol

Surely regardless of where the item was manufactured, and whether the seller is selling an exhaust that was made for Phil but sold direct to someone else, the only way an exhaust can become an "ESR" exhaust is by passing through Phils hands.

By very definition, if its not been through ESR, its not an ESR exhaust.

It may be the exact same item, it may not, but even if it is, it can only be refered to as an ESR exhaust if it has been through Phils company.

It would be unfair to start refering to any items which are similar as "ESR" exhausts because it would be unfair to attach Phils name to these products in case they do turn out to be of an inferior standard.

Surely regardless of where the item was manufactured, and whether the seller is selling an exhaust that was made for Phil but sold direct to someone else, the only way an exhaust can become an "ESR" exhaust is by passing through Phils hands.

By very definition, if its not been through ESR, its not an ESR exhaust.

It may be the exact same item, it may not, but even if it is, it can only be refered to as an ESR exhaust if it has been through Phils company.

It would be unfair to start refering to any items which are similar as "ESR" exhausts because it would be unfair to attach Phils name to these products in case they do turn out to be of an inferior standard.

+1

I have arranged to purchase an ESR K1 exhuast next week, it there any way to tell its a genuine ESR exhuast and not a cheap chinese copy? Are there any logo stamps I should be looking for? (assuming no sales receipt)

Why not just buy one off Phil then you know its genuine :thumbs:

Why not just buy one off Phil then you know its genuine :thumbs:

why ? obviously it must be cheaper 2nd hand :thumbs: